Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
susielang

Project 3 Final

Post by susielang »

Here is my final project 3.

I think it turned out well and is an improvement over my last site. Kept it simple and used color to make it pop and add contrast. I did use Lightbox for my images and got it working somewhat.
Think I improved on my coding and also I think my images are working well for the site.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017 ... index.html
Susie Lang

Ariesboxsye

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by Ariesboxsye »

I like the look you have going. The bright colors seem appealing with the image you are using for Graphic Design.

One issue I see however is that this seems like it is built for smaller screens as I scale my browser to full resolution of my monitor, the nav and the TMCC logo collide.
~Names Aries Shelley~

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Aries is right -- on larger monitors, the elements rearrange in a distasteful way. However, that's what media queries are for and they weren't required this time around. Your site does look very nice, when properly displayed! I love your word puzzle banner sort of image and I enjoy its prominence across all of the pages.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

over all your website is looking nice, the bright pink color is alittle distracting and you could have done a much better job with layout of the website
Kyler Rose

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I loved seeing all your amazing designs this semester, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

This is a good start! I think you could play around with your color scheme to make it a bit more neutral, but you have a nice simplistic layout.

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Nice work.

The Strong: Composition. Progress. Nice Vibe. I can see that you focus on the composition of your website, with a nice vibe. As you say your progress is improving.

The Not-So Strong: Colors. Layout. I like the nice vibe of your colors, but I believe you have to work on them a little more. To me, the background color is very obtrusive to the rest of the design and also make it a little hard to see in the dark (yes it is a bit dark right now). I think your layout is weak, it is lacking balance that I feel you try to compensate with saturated colors. Your current palette is not bad as well as your layout it just needs to be refined. A quick tip to solve some difficulties on your layout is that for this particularly case is that you should take the left and the top of the screen as your references since screen sizing is measured from top left to bottom right. This could give you a more consistent effect than using the right side of the screen, because it's hard to predict how big or how small the user's screen is.

Keep working hard!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ