Project 3 rough draft files

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Marco_Horta1

Project 3 rough draft files

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hello Everyone,
Here are the rough designs for project 3. Thank you for all your help and inputs on my projects.
I hope you enjoy on this holiday. Have a wonderful break, happy thanksgiving everyone .
Attachments
Design 1 index page
Design 1 index page
Design 1 inner page
Design 1 inner page
Design 2 index page
Design 2 index page
Design 2 inner page
Design 2 inner page
Design 3 index page
Design 3 index page
Design 3 inner page
Design 3 inner page
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

erika.murray

Re: Project 3 rough draft files

Post by erika.murray »

TMCC green!! I like that you are connecting the college color and the mascot with your designs. Lots of nice imagery. Overall, I think you may have too much green though, which is why I really like your third design. The white space along with the computers and program icons makes your layout look clean. I would change the alignment of the type on your inner page.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Wow! Look at that rainbow font! So awesome!
I agree with Erika about the green. I would suggest changing it to another tint or color, or using the white like in your third design.
Personally, I really enjoy the horizontal navigation bar in your first design. Also, make sure your final says "Graphic" instead of Gaphic :)
Great job with these!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting ideas you've got here Marco. I lean towards number three, just based on contrast.

It's got both contrast of color and contrast of objects. The large nav on the left balances the white content space on the right. I like the color echo you have established between your title and the software icons. That instantly frames your content and locks the eye in. The inclusion of the TMCC gecko adds a splash of fun. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I can move my way around it easily and get to the info I need. Impact works well as a navigation and title font. Good use of margins throughout this thing. You've done a good job of establishing spacing between objects and using proximity to signal similarity and grouping.

I'd harden your rainbow gradient in your title. Maybe have the color change in two letter blocks to mimic the software icons below. Also, in lieu of green for the nav bar on the left, try black with a green TMCC logo and white navigation that rolls over green. I'd left align the text on your inner page. I'd also like to see a few more pictures. I'd go with a sans-serif font for your bodycopy. The serif font clashes with your clean layout.

Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Pearl_Underwood

Post by Pearl_Underwood »

Marco,
I really like all your home pages! It's hard to just choose one. I like the color of the Graphic Communication Program, but Graphic is misspelled. :( I do like your third design because it is very clean, and crisp. I think if you lowered the saturation of the green on the others, or tried to have it white either ones would do great. I feel the layout, positioning on the type of the second page could be worked with as it seems to smooshed together. Other than that, it is awesome!
~Pearl Underwood~

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I'm really liking your third design here. As mentioned above, the contrast is nicely done and the adobe icons are fantastic. Your use of space and color is excellent as well. I think you could do without the mascot image though, he's super cute but I think the layout would work best without him.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

Index page 3 is easy to navigate and is visually interesting with also a professional, clean look. The Adobe icons at the bottom of the design would capture the interest of the target audience well. For the inner page of this design it would be smoother on page transitions if the lizard remained in a fixed position.
Melissa Peel

susielang

Post by susielang »

The third design. I am liking the TMCC green and the way you used the icons for the Adobe programs and the mac computers. Adds dimension to your page. All the layouts are good. I am really liking your third one. That is my favorite. Easy to navigate.
Susie Lang

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I lean strongly towards Design 3. The bodycopy feels like it could use some work. There's subheads, but it all runs really close together and doesn't really register as being separate blocks of text.

I also wonder how the TMCC logo and navbar buttons might look if they were white instead of black? Or what if the navbar itself was black, instead of green, with white text, and then maybe the white background for the pages could be a very diluted, pale green? Or, what if it was still white, as it currently is, but with some green accents like decoration across the bottom or some white text, like subheads? Alongside a black navbar.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Frankly both of your design are to simlar in my option the only real differance is where the nar bar is located. Also try to stay away from text align center for body copy I think it makes it alot harder to read.
Kyler Rose