Project 3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
selvster5000

Project 3 Prelim

Post by selvster5000 »

Yay almost done!

Below are my prelim roughs for project three.
I like both, so let me know what you think!
Attachments
homepage_1_final.jpg
innerpage_1_03.jpg
homepage_2_02.jpg
innerpage_2.jpg
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

erika.murray

Re: Project 3 Prelim

Post by erika.murray »

I am really liking how clean your layouts are. I prefer the second, mostly because of how you're using design elements (that transparent rectangle on inner page and the corner marks for text). I think you need to use the image from your first layout and replace the skeleton picture, because it will definitely look more professional.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Oh my goodness, these are so cool!

The second design is my favorite because the skeleton is very comical, and the crop marks around your type add a nice visual element to the piece without being too boxy. I would suggest making your type a few points bigger because it is a little hard to read. Nice job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooof! Designs so clean I could eat off 'em. Did you use a picture of your own thumbnails on the inner page of your second design? Lol.

I slightly prefer your second design. I like it's emphasis on pictures and the semi transparency adds depth to a very simple and clean illustration. Plus that skeleton is totally me. Despite being small and out of the way, I was able to find your navigation quickly enough on both your home and inner pages. Good marging work across both pages as well. Rather than using direct layout elements to tie your homepage and inner page together, you used typography and those small corner brackets. And it works! Your typography is ideal for your design. It's a soft sans-serif that is clean, but not harsh, and very easy to read. Using a tiny bit of color on an otherwise clean white and gray design does wonders for drawing the eye to your navigation on your inner page. It also helps make your images stand out.

Add a bit more leading to the bodycopy on your inner page. Watch the margin between the edge of your page and your rightmost navigation button.

Nice work Hannah!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

The second one for sure!! The first one is really cool. The second one with the skeleton at the computer is vey funny and I am sure how we are all starting to feel at this point in the semester. What I really like about the second version is how you used transparency and color to create depth. And I like how clean your layout is looking. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Susie Lang

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

Both designs are strong, clean, professional, but the second one is winning in this case. The first one would be applicable, but the skeleton is something more people would identify with. (Or at the least the skeleton is accurate at representing the grc program.) Try increasing the contrast on the inner page's body copy. The text is slightly illegible. Overall the design does a good job at catering to its audience and portraying the grc program as fresh and relevant.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both of your layouts are really nice! I do prefer the second one. Having the text overlay those large images feels really nice, especially with the corner marks. My only gripes are that the navbar might be easy to miss, especially on the homepage, due to how tiny the words are, and there's some contrast issues between the body copy and the background on the innerpage.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Overall your Homepages look great there is not much to improve on into, but for your body pages I would to use alittle more space. as of right now there is alot of empty space, I like the blank space but it be filled in just a tinny bit more.
Kyler Rose

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Both your designs are so beautiful. I don't think I can pick one over the other, I like both of them. I like the red type in your first design that kind of disappears with the light. I also like your program overview page of your second design, I like the transparent grey box and the picture in the background. You don't need to change anything, they are both stunning!
Cassandra Bowers

Ariesboxsye

Post by Ariesboxsye »

I really like both designs, but second choice's second page you are showing works better than the first one's. The background imagery seem to work very well, be careful not to lose the type.
~Names Aries Shelley~