Box's Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Ariesboxsye

Box's Project 3 Preliminary

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Hello everyone,

Here are my prelim roughs

The first set of roughs start off with a splash homepage, one that would open up the site is self and can't be navigated back to easily. I wanted to do sort of a cover page idea with it that would lead into 5 pages of info soon as you enter.

The second set is a more official look, using straight objects rather than my previous looking frames. The images would be more accurate to the type of content, but at the moment I have place holder images.

The over all goal with this redesign idea was to keep some of the school's color theme as we went through the sight, hence the black and green colors. I have place holder images in certain pages and one major piece of place holder is the gecko, I feel like designing a proper logo for this site will be needed and I plan to do so.
Attachments
tmmc_site_01_home.png
tmmc_site_01_overview.png
tmmc_site_02_home.png
tmmc_site_02_class.png
~Names Aries Shelley~

erika.murray

Re: Box's Project 3 Preliminary

Post by erika.murray »

I am liking your first layout best, but take the straight edge frames from the second and replace the squiggly frames. The idea of the splash homepage is cool. I also like the use of an image in the top of the inner page.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

I prefer your second design. It looks very clean and easy to navigate. I might suggest that you pick a lighter green because the dark green dominates the page quite a bit.

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I'm a fan of your first layout, I love the non traditional header and footer. I might try and use a darker shade of grey instead of the black though??
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I really like the second layout, but that being said I feel like you could add a TON more to make it more dynamic. I think the easiest way to do that is to play around in the software you've been using to step it up a notch, show us what this program has taught you with drop shadows, bold shapes, and lines. I think you can stick with the color scheme, but show the viewer what we've learned!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I like your first one! It looks like it's in side a Batman onomatopoeia bubble. Pow!

It really is quite dynamic. The design spreads out from the middle and the eye follows it, which is unusual, but works in this case. You've made the TMCC green bearable by darkening it slightly. I also like the subtle gradient you tossed on it in the inner page. You've got a nice image spot as well. Your navigation is easy to find and well placed. Your title type looks good as titles and adds a little bit more to the comic book feel of the whole thing. Your header and footer do well to frame the content and establish the exploding edges of your content bubble. Your footer is well organized and everything is easy to quickly grasp.

I don't think you need the light colored green ovals on your splash/home page. Your title font works well for the titles, not so well for your footer information or navigation, where it gets a little hard to read.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

Your first design with the Wizard the Lizard are great. Really liking the layout and contrast. Think it shows the GRC program nicely. Really like your overview page and the contrast with the text.
Susie Lang

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

Both designs have elements that are strong, but tmcc_site_01 is the stronger all-around. The layout for tmcc_site_01_overview design is easy to navigate. Since the text is black, try a light-colored drop shadow for more contrast. The spacing between design elements feels right. The unique border is visually appealing.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I like the first design better. It feels easier to view and is nicely expressive. My only major gripe is that the font, while really cool, is hard to read in the footer. I might also recommend that, instead of using true dark black, try using the slightly lighter variant that's in the TMCC logo, as seen in the footer for the Overview page.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Overview: Overall you have a nice start for your desgins, the font on your Nav bar are little hard to read and the drop shadow on one of your pages behind the text makes it also harder to read. Over all your website is looking good.
Kyler Rose