Project Three Critique _Lea

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Ltrueworthy

Project Three Critique _Lea

Post by Ltrueworthy »

Here are my layouts for project three. There are very simple which I like but I'm wondering if they need something else like another picture or more adobe elements/icons. Also I like my fonts for the first layout (colorful one) but the second version (computer layout) i'm still unsure what might be the best choice for the font. Thank you for looking!
Attachments
version_two_page_2.png
version_two.png
version_one_2.png
version_one.png
Lea Trueworthy

susielang

Re: Project Three Critique _Lea

Post by susielang »

The second pair for sure. The colors are great and the layout is very readable. I like the typefaces too. Looks like a page for a design and art program. Looking good.
Susie Lang

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

I love love love the second one! I think the first looks more like a programming certificate and the second really drives home the creative aspect of the degree.

Very Nicely done!
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

I like both of your layouts. The computer layout might be limiting in terms of space, though. The second layout has a really cool artistic effect and I think it would work really well. My only suggestions are to take away the clipart stuff at the top (or match the colors with your layout) and narrow your typeface choices.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

The patterns in the second design are so eye-catching! I would try to narrow down your fonts so that you keep a consistent theme throughout the design. But yeah, the second one looks really good :)

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I like your second layout best. The geometric shapes and color scheme are very visually appealing. I would right align or justify your body copy though. Good work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your second design. That multi-colored cracked glass gradient background really stands out. I also like the little accent graphic of the pens and ruler. A little visual indication of what this program's all about. As are the software squares which go so well with the shattered glass gradient. The contrast in this design really works well to. The black type on the white with the shattered gradient working well as a framing device. Your margins are pretty good through the whole thing and do a good job to set everything apart without the whole layout scattering. Your navigation is easy to find and use and works well with another iteration of your shattered gradient.

Not sold on the program title type. It's a little clashy with the clean, hard edged aesthetic of the rest of the piece. I like your calligraphic page title type much better. I also don't care for the centered page content. I think it'd look much better left aligned. Watch your bottom margin on the little TMCC logo in your header.

Nice effort, Lea.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi,

Version one design is the stronger design. The colors and graphics are eye catching. The TMCC logo is out of place in the design. It might work better if it were at the bottom of the page or if it were white instead. The design is easy to navigate and flows well.
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both ideas are great but the second one, the geometric one, looks so much nicer. I especially like the inclusion of the graphic of tools in the image up top, among other things, and your font choices are all nice. My big recommendations would be to make sure the Adobe software icons aren't stretched strangely (they're perfect squares) and you could use more consistency across your fonts. Maybe the banner font (next to the tools) can be used in the nav? Or the title font ("Course Offerings") used in the banner and nav as well as where it currently is? The TMCC logo might also benefit from being white or having a white stroke.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

I like your second design Much better than the computer design its easier to under stand and i think much more visually pleasing. But Use a differant text align for the body copy text.
Kyler Rose