Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
darian_p

Re: Preliminary Critique

Post by darian_p »

The first design works much better in both visual appeal and layout. I love the buttons you made for the second page, very sleek! The images and color is nice, but I would really like to see some of the student's work. So far everyone who has done Yale School of Art hasn't shown any sneak peeks of the student's work which I feel is kind of important when looking at an art school.
bImage
Darian Potichny

Pearl_Underwood

Post by Pearl_Underwood »

WOW!!! What a difference. I think the first layout is very professional, and easy to read, However, being "artsy", I think the second design is awesome! I think you could go either way. I really like thee second design though.
~Pearl Underwood~

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

The first design feels very clean, especially its additional page (with the clickable About/Visiting/Calendar/etc.) However, for the main page with the grayscale image of Yale, the crest and text feel crowded. Try shrinking the crest a bit and the type on the left a small amount, and the type in the lower corner a bit, too.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

I like the first design. It looks more professional. Maybe make the type in the nav bar on the home page smaller.
Cassandra Bowers

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

hi, Brianna

I go with your first design, it is simple but it captures my attention this one look easy to navigate.
On the hand, the color ones are good as well but color keep distracting me from the rest of the webpage, good work
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

chaytothet

Post by chaytothet »

Love love these, it shows the art and sophistication. I honestly wonder how they've survived this long with those original websites. It's AWFUL.

Anyway, yours are hand over fist better than theirs. I prefer the second one, just because of the colors and the use of art in the design.
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams