Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
CarnutianDragon

Project 1 Final

Post by CarnutianDragon »

I decided to go with my second design as became many people's first choice. Overall I am pleased with the design, I will be adjusting small things here and there when I actually develop it into a functioning page.

I adjusted the margins and padding of my body copy as well as played with the size of the font. I was very happy with my font choice as I felt it went nicely with the background. One problem that I kept running into was how the background dominated over the font. To help with this, I added a slight drop shadow behind the script type to help it "pop" more.
project1_version2.jpg
Sarah Alvarado

Ariesboxsye

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Ariesboxsye »

I really like the placement of the imagery you used on the top left corner. The font works well with the cursive type, only place I have a difficult time with it is the curving headline, perhaps play more with the drop shadow you have to help it become more legible.
~Names Aries Shelley~

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Your Website is looking good everything is working extremely well there is not much to improve one. But your GRC 175.... that is bolded stands out and throws off the hierarchy .
Kyler Rose

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah! You chose the woodlands one. Excellent!

I like the addition of the drop shadow. It adds depth to the composition. I also appreciate the enlarged bodycopy and the much improved margins throughout. Those really give it a polished, finished feel. Meanwhile, the rest of the design is still every bit as warm and inviting as it was in the preliminary critique. Your type choices still ring true and the transparency adds great depth to the design. It's visually interesting, but calming at the same time.

I'd have narrowed your "GRC 175, Web Design & Publishing 1, Fall2017" text a little so it matched the width of the column below. I'm also not sold on the smaller navigation.

You've taken an awesome design and made it better.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

susielang

Post by susielang »

Awesome design. Really like your type choices and how they contrast with one another. Good use of shape. Nice placement where your photo is. Very easy to navigate too!
Susie Lang

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Your layout is overall very unified. I see that you made some changes to text leading, which was a good choice. It might be cool for you to crop your photo in the shape of the space its in -- a shape that is a circle at the top and a square at the bottom. That would fill in any weird space from the circle. I also feel like your arched text could come in closer to the photo of you (more curve, left and right ends meet closer to your picture).
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I think the changes you've made here definitely improved the overall design. The
margins and padding changes do give your design a polished look. The woods feel
is warm and comforting that I would assume reflects your personality. This design
is very well executed. However, I still feel like the white text gets lost in the background,
maybe a different color would pop off more??
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

So pretty! I love everything about this! I cant see anything I would really change. Good work!
bImage
Darian Potichny

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Um! I love this!!! You picked awesome images and fonts, and your circular picture is adorbs. Great job!

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hello,
The new fonts sizes make the page flow. The drop shadows work well, but tightening them to the text more might improve legibility. The design is well balanced and aligned! :)
Melissa Peel