Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Kyler_Rose

Project One Final

Post by Kyler_Rose »

My Final Version I wanted to keep it simple and yet balanced so I decided to go with a plan white background. I based the layout on my personality and how I am creative and nerdy. Use my favorite color Lime Green as the the base color. Making the 6 links easy to see and easy to click.
Attachments
web_1_p1_rough2.1.png
Kyler Rose

selvster5000

Re: Project One Final

Post by selvster5000 »

Hi Kyler,

I must say, I really like how your website turned out. I'm not usually fond of lime green but I think you did a great job of using it throughout your composition.
I'm also fond of your font choice for the navigation buttons, definitely describes your personality! I would try to work on the body copy a bit more, maybe give
it a boarder or something like that to ground it. Overall nicely done!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Ariesboxsye

Post by Ariesboxsye »

This design speaks volumes to who you are. The digital pixel like font and lit tidbits of art here and there display really well. My only concern is the neon light green you have going on with the white back ground, I often have to squint in order to look at your page with just how bright it is.
~Names Aries Shelley~

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

I like the "Sketchy" style you worked around. I also liked the asymmetrical layout and how it drives the viewer's eye.

You imagery totally supports your copy. Good choice.

Personally, I would use more variety of colors for your color palette since you are communicating that your goal is to create animated show(s), but I feel that your palette it's a little weak on communicating that. I like the overall palette, don't get me wrong.

Nicely done!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, let's see what the self peeling potato has come with, shall we? Interesting.

What you've got here is a striking personalized design. It has generally good margins and is easy to read through. Your navigation is well placed and easy to read. I like the use of the paintbrushes as eye movement aids. They point you through the page and highlight critical parts of your composition. I like your personal logo logo too. It's a happy graffiti face. I also like the paint splat by your name and photo. It's a nice continuation of your logo theme and helps to tie your design together. The scotch taped photo is a good touch as well. It gives the composition a fun, irreverent, scrapbook feel.

I'm not sold on all the lime green. I don't think it works well with your white background or with the purple and red in your Homestuck avatar. You also have a typeface too many. Your digital font, handwriting font, and serif font are not working well together. I think the design would have been better served with your handwriting font and then a sans-serif font. You could have then used bold and regular versions of that font for your navigation and bodycopy respectively. Also, I think right aligning your "Inspire Website" headline against the brush would have looked good. And the distance between your Education Websites links could be tighter.

Good effort.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Ltrueworthy

Post by Ltrueworthy »

I love your font and the paintbrush and pencil, my only comment is the lime green. I think if you want it to be a messy organized layout I would add more shades of green (or other colors) or add more of just that lime green everywhere, maybe even behind your About me section. Besides my comment, I really like the whole thing, the flow works really well and I think it's a fun concept.

Good Job!
Lea Trueworthy

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

It still feels a little unconnected, I'm not sue I understand what exactly you're going for, and that neon green is a little overpowering The illustration is cool though.
Julian Emme

susielang

Post by susielang »

I think your site reflects your personality. Nice photo. And cool illustration. What I would say on this is your type choices. I would pick one or two styles that go nicely with one another. I think you have too many different typefaces on your page and that for me is distracting and can be hard to read through. Would play with your colors a little more. Like your brushes you added. A nice touch.
Susie Lang

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

This is really stylistic and definitely gives out your interests and personality. I like the pixel font you chose. I do feel that the layout needs more depth to it instead of plain neon green and white. Maybe try some gradients. I also feel that the organization could be tightened up a little bit, like having your links and websites aligned with each other instead of floating randomly.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Good job getting all the information on to one page! I love the paint splatter idea with the paintbrushes, but I think there could be more continuity between the colors and images you incorporate. Maybe stick with the painter theme, and use a color palette that complements your other colors?