project_3_prelims

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
KKentera_5000

project_3_prelims

Post by KKentera_5000 »

I'm very late. I had to start over, I'm happier with these roughs than some of my first design ideas that were laughable. I need to take some time to get better with PS. I've kept everything simple to help on coding end.
Attachments
project_3_rough_1.jpg
project_3_rough_2.jpg
project_3_rough3.jpg
project_3 rough_4.jpg
Kevin Kentera

BreeAnn

Re: project_3_prelims

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi Kevin,

I'm a little confused about which pages go together here, or if they're 4 different ideas. When you're deciding what to go with, think about how each page will flow to the next. I like the rough 1, the navigation is easy to figure out, where as with some of them, it's a little hard to find. The image of the mountains in the header works for the region and you've chosen interesting images to showcase. Be careful of choosing images that are too interesting though, I find myself more interested in figuring out what's going on in those than reading the information. Good job!
BreeAnn St.Onge

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hi Kevin,

Great work with all of them! ;)

I would go with the first design nice color, great picture and good organization. I really like the position and the type, I think it is a great work. I agree with BreeAnn, I think all of them look different. So my suggestion for the other page is to leave the same information on top of the page and change the information using the same type and color so that way when you're going to the next page will flow easy the page.

Good job! :D
Elizabeth McCurdy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

So these are four different designs and not two homepage/inner page pairs, right? I'm going to treat 'em that way anyway.

I'd say, out of these four, your strongest is probably Rough 4. It's a super clean layout that works well because of its background image and gradient. I really like the watermelon color and diagonal accent stripes. They work well to create some visual interest and enhance the layout by drawing the eye toward the center. Typographically it works well too. Your bodycopy and headline types go together very well. It's easy to see and use your navigation as well. The bodycopy layout works well and serves its purpose of information conveyance. Nice use of margins on your AAS Degree box and nice use of gutter between your two columns.

Ditch the remaining TMCC green, though. It's not working well with the watermelon color of the rest of the design. Center the top text and move it up a little bit to establish some margin between it and the navigation. Add a little top margin between the "Total Core Requirements" text and the portfolio class listing. Make sure your background image covers the whole background. Right now there's a white strip up at the top.

I would have liked to see what some of the inner pages looked like for these.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

EduardoG

Post by EduardoG »

Hi Kevin,
all 4 designs are interesting, especially rough 1 and 4; I would go with rough 4.
The background image is really appealing, and the the navigation is easy to follow.

My advice would be to distance the header and navigation, as they are too close. Also, the courses and the "TOTAL CORE REQUIREMENTS" are a bit too close, in my opinion.
And make the width of the "core" and "requirements" the same width as the "TOTAL CORE REQUIREMENTS" box, also, remove the second thin underline from the "core" and "requirements" text.
- Eduardo Garcia