Project 3 preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
gracelark

Project 3 preliminary

Post by gracelark »

Please see my two preliminary design options.
Attachments
preliminary1home.jpg
preliminary1classes.jpg
preliminary2home.jpg
preliminary2classes.jpg
Andrea (Grace) Hutchison

EduardoG

Re: Project 3 preliminary

Post by EduardoG »

Hi grace,
Both roughs are interesting, but the "preliminary2home" rough is the one i would go with.
The navigation is clear, the color scheme and background design is interesting.

My advice would be to add a stroke to (probably with the color gray), so that it won't be a bland white box.
And to separate the text from the class schedule, and place it below the class schedule images, also enlarge the class schedule images, since they're the main focus of the "classes" page.
- Eduardo Garcia

michelek

Post by michelek »

Hi Grace,

I would effeminately go with the second one. It has a better flow (eye movement) and easy to navigate. I also like the yellow and gray together. On the page with the images, make the images bigger to lessen the white space in the box.
Michele K Ott

erose

Post by erose »

Hi Grace,

I think both designs are fantastic! I am totally leaning towards your preliminary 1 design though. I love the layout and how the home page body hugs the left of the page, when the classes page body doesn't. I love that it is a design that you can make different for each page but maintain the same look all the way through. I would change nothing on your preliminary 1 design. You nailed it for me with that one.

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi Grace,

I would normally go with the orange design, I like the colors and the ease of the navigation. But with these two designs I would go with the geometric one. I like how the triangles on the home page imitate the TMCC logo, and like Ed said, it lends itself to making each page a little different while keeping the same feel across all pages. I'm a little concerned with how the navigation will look if there's different colored boxes behind it so keep an eye on that when placing boxes if you choose this design. Nice work!
BreeAnn St.Onge

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hi Grace,

Great work! both design are different and unique!

I would go with the first design on top, I like the colors and the ease of the navigation. I really like all the geometric shapes is really interesting. My only suggestion is to keep the same side of the white box for all the page that way makes easy to follow the information.

Nice work!
Elizabeth McCurdy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh, now these are some different ideas. I love the whackadoo geometry in your first design. I'd recommend going with that one.

The weird shapes really work well. For all of their eccentricity, they do a good job of moving the eye around the composition. I like the colors too. The blues really work well with TMCCs green, gray, black, and white. Great use of contrast in the whole composition. The logo, in particular, stands out to me. It has a kind of Pee-wee's Playhouse feel to it. Great choices of typeface throughout, as well. It really goes with and enhances your design. Your home page navigation is easy to see and use too.

I don't think it needs the white area for your content. I think the shapes are dark enough that the type could be reversed out against them pretty well. Give it a try with white type and see if it works. I'd try and keep your navigation in the same place on each of your pages though. It looks like it's missing entirely on your inner page.

Neat ideas. I can't wait to see what it looks like live.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173