Project Tree Rough

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
elizabeth_mccurdy

Project Tree Rough

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hello everyone,

These are some of my work for this project. Tell me what you think :lol:
have a great week :D
Attachments
rough_2_a.jpg
rough_2.jpg
rough_1_a.jpg
rough_1.jpg
Elizabeth McCurdy

BreeAnn

Re: Project Tree Rough

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi ally,

I like the layout of your rough1 better than rough2. I like the watermark of the lizard in the middle of the page, but he looks a little off against the background color. Additionally, the tmcc logo is close but just a little off, you can download a vector version on the class website under project 3.

Nice work.
BreeAnn St.Onge

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello Elizabeth,
I think your second rough works better since it uses a similar (the same?) color of TMCC. I also enjoy how the black background makes the text really stand out. Your layout is nice, perhaps play with the background. Have fun, you could create a background with dark tones. A creative design/background image would suit perfectly your design and it would represent better the concept of graphic communications. :)
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

Hey! Out of your two designs I think that I like the overall layout of the first design a little better. I like how you kept the TMCC and it creates a strong contrast between the white text and the black background. I think that the footer text could be a little larger, and the box doesn't need to be as large as it is. If you wanted to keep it that size you could always add more information about TMCC like the phone number and address, and created hierarchy with a larger bolder font for the TMCC and then smaller weighted font for the other information. Just a thought!
Ivor Harvey

EduardoG

Post by EduardoG »

Hi Elizabeth,
Both designs are good!
I would go with your "rough_2," the black and white + the tmcc green is intriguing.

Advice would be to, as Ivor commented, reduce the footer size, or add content to footer.
Also, switch the graduating lizard and tmcc logo, since the logo should be higher in hierarchy between the two.
- Eduardo Garcia

michelek

Post by michelek »

Hi Elizabeth,

I like rough 2 and how the black, white and green are working to create a nice look. And as others have said and reduce the footer size or add pertinent content like address, etc. I like both layouts but rough 2 is the one I would go with.
Michele K Ott

erose

Post by erose »

Hi Allie!

You have just opened my eyes to designing websites differently. As far as I can tell, both of your designs use the same layout. This is awesome because it has shown me that one layout can have very different feels depending on your styles. I've been picking two different layouts from my thumbnails for my roughs, it never occurred to me to find a layout that works and then designing it two different ways. Thanks! Having said all that, I really like your maroon design best. For me the nav style is nicer to look at, the colors are great and I like the headers more.

Nice job! :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice work Ally.

I like your first green and black design the best. It's a good use of the TMCC colors (although you didn't have to use 'em if you didn't want to). I like the cleanliness of the layout. Everything seems carefully placed. I also like the bright green footer acting as a finisher. I even like your font choice for the navigation and title. I'm usually suspicious of serif typefaces on a clean geometric design like this one, but here it works. The clipping green box behind your navigation does a good job at establishing structure as well as drawing the eye to the navigation.

I'm not sure I like the outlined box for your top bar. I think it might work better either by removing the green outline and letting the layout differentiate between top bar and content or making your top bar lime green like your bottom bar. Either would work and I think both would look better than the outline. I'm also not sold on the font you used in "Graphic Communications". It doesn't look quite right with your clean geometric design. I much prefer your page title and navigation font. Also, watch your margin's between your content and your footer.

A good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173