Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
michelek

Project 3 Preliminary

Post by michelek »

Hi Everyone,

Here are my two layout for project 3. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the input.
Attachments
proj_3_pg1_1.jpg
proj_3_pg1_2.jpg
proj_3_pg2_2.jpg
Michele K Ott

michelek

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by michelek »

Project 3
Second page of layout.
Attachments
proj_3_pg1_1redo.jpg
Michele K Ott

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello Michele!
Between the two designs, I would go with the first one. I think the layout works well: your navigation allows the visitor to know where they are at in the website. It is bold and clear. I also like the pop of color for the navigation and footer. Perhaps you should add a background, even something with a majority of white tones to follow your original idea. I think that is all that is missing.
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi Michelle,

I like the first design better of the two. I like the idea of having student work on the home page and the minimal color. My suggestion would be to make the student work more graphic. The images you chose, while interesting and beautiful images, are more fine arts.
Nice work!
BreeAnn St.Onge

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

Hey Hey!
I think I like the layout and color choice of your first design better than the second one you've posted! I think the navigation on the left works well with the hover color that matches the footer at the bottom. I also like the banner of images across the bottom of the rough 1 homepage. Is this going to scroll?
Ivor Harvey

EduardoG

Post by EduardoG »

Hi michele,
Both of your designs look great! I would go with the "proj_3_pg1_1" rough.
The navigations are easier to notice, and the color scheme is great, and the color scheme is more appealing than your other design.

My advice would be to remove the "truckee meadows community college" text on the top, since the abbreviation and logo are already there. Also, to center the text in the footer area.
- Eduardo Garcia

erose

Post by erose »

Hi Michele,

I would go with the blue & white design. I love the way it looks and feels. The navigation works really well. The photos at the bottom just over the footer looks really nice. My suggestion would be to maybe color the TMCC logo the same blue as your footer and nav hover. It's a really nice design!

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hi Michele,

Great work with both design!

I would go with the first design, the blue and white design. I like that is simple, clean and easy to read and navigate. I love the way it looks and feels. Also I like the picture organization at the bottom looks really nice. I just think may be you can put a little more blue on top like in the type or logo or even a line. But I think is a great design good job.
Elizabeth McCurdy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your blue and white design the best.

First of all, it discards the ugly TMCC colors. But not just that. It uses contrast very well for such a light design. It has a super clean geometric feel. By and large, my eye moves easily over the design and I can quickly find what I'm looking for. The typography only serves to enhance the cleanliness and ease of information uptake. The navigation is well placed and easy to use. The blue footer makes for a great anchor at the bottom of the design to tie it all together. I like the gallery of "sample work" at the bottom too.

I'd tighten things up between your content and header. As it is, there's a rather substantial gap there now that fragments your layout. I'd also check your left alignments. There are several near left alignments there (your navigation buttons with your footer type and your "Graphic Communications" above your nav and the header block, for example) that are not quite aligned. Your design would look much cleaner if they were aligned. Maybe justify your type to enhance the geometry of the layout.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173