Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
michelek

Project 2 Final

Post by michelek »

Hello Everyone,

Kept forgetting to post my link on here for Project 2 final.

http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_2017/michele_ott/
Michele K Ott

KKentera_5000

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Nice! Michelle!,
As I said before for your prelims, it has a classic feel with a nice mixture of modern elements. It has the perfect amount of info for such a site, and I really love the green type over the tan text boxes.

The hover of the membership thing is making me a lil' sick though, how it jumps around and I'm not even sure how you would fix that because it seems to be affecting your Jaguar club logo area and a couple other things, I'm thinking it must have to do with the padding or positioning of those selectors. Awesome show! Great Job!
Kevin Kentera

erose

Post by erose »

Hi Michele,

I think your new site is great! I think it looks really classy and elegant. The colors are awesome and best of all, it makes sense! If I can make a suggestion, I think your gallery images could benefit from some effects around the images. Box shadows, frame style graphics, something like that. :D
Nice work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice work, Michele. I know the struggles you were going through on these and it's good to see your designs by and large realized.

That full page background image serves as a great unifying element through all of your pages. It even sepia enough to place content against without loosing the content in all the detail. I like the placement of the content area as well. It serves to counterbalance the logo and balance the well placed navigation. Your content is easy to read and the British racing green works well with the sepia image and tone of the design.

I'm not sure it needed the sans-serif rollovers, I think color changers would have been good enough. Or make the upstates sans-serif too. I also see a couple of stray bullets floating around. The pics of the club members Jags could use a tightening up as well. A little too much margin there.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi Michele,

I see you put a lot of work into this site. I like the two Jaguars facing each other on the home page. The changing font for the hover is creating an effect that makes it difficult to click on the Membership button. I would also suggest maybe changing the background on the gallery page, the background image distracts from the other pictures.

Nice work!
BreeAnn St.Onge

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hi Michele,

I think your new site is great! I like the colors you used for the two page. I think it looks elegant and professional. If I can make any change I will play more with the gallery.

Good work :D
Elizabeth McCurdy