FINAL - Project 02

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
erose

FINAL - Project 02

Post by erose »

Hi Folks!!

Well, here is the website I came up with, taking into consideration a lot of the great feedback I received! I chose the black & white design, and I even managed to get some color in there (as Ivor suggested) by keeping some of the orginal site's personality on the "About Us" page.

This was way more challenging than I expected. I tried to exclusively use percentages instead of my norm, which is px. I've never had issues getting my pages to 'behave' on tablets & phones before. I have found that tablets & phones (at least for this assignment) do NOT let you zoom in/out, nor can you scroll around by swiping the screen. You can do that with pixels. But this project was supper fun all the same! :D

Having said all that, please view this from a desktop to view my intended results, then check it out on a phone or tablet and go...WTF?!? (F = Fandangled).
Also, you can click on my name on the index page for a different look if you want to try it out.

Thanks for playing!!!

http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_2017/edward_rose/

BreeAnn

Re: FINAL - Project 02

Post by BreeAnn »

I love the changing index page Ed! That's great!

You did a good job choosing pictures for your background images. The one thing I noticed is the resolution on the picture on the "parts" page is a little low resolution. It could just be this huge screen I'm looking at it on, but maybe try to find a higher resolution version?

Nice work!
BreeAnn St.Onge

michelek

Post by michelek »

Hi Ed

Really liked how your pages turned out. Nice flow and continuity on the "ugly" website.

Good job!
Michele K Ott

KKentera_5000

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Neato! Mosquito! Wow!, You have done a really good job incorporating a lot of info and links into very simple and easy to navigate layouts. That alt homepage deal you've got goin on is just that- It's got it goin on! Son! as the young urbanites would say.

I noticed some of the pics of the people are a lil blurry, but I have some of the same issues on my pages. I think optimizing images for different resolutions may just be one of the hardest parts to get right.

The only other thing I noticed was that the 2 body paragraphs on your project 2 homepage could use a lil' seperation or padding as they kind of make the reader want to keep right reading into the second body p. overall very good concept with a lot of extras and I love your office it seems like a very fun work environment.
Kevin Kentera

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey, these turned out pretty good. I especially like the way your Project 1 works in a browser.

Your live version of Project 2 brings over the strengths of your preliminary design. I like the background photos, they really bring a fell of the history of the business to it's website. I also don't loose the type against the home page background image, which was what you were afraid of. The columns are working well as a content organizer. Your navigation is easy to use and I can read everything throughout the site. It has a pretty consistent look and feel through the home page and a couple of your inner pages. It also looks pretty good across most common browser resolutions.

Unfortunately, it also brought along some of the weaknesses of your preliminary as well. I'm not 100% sold on the Photoshop bevel and emboss effect on the logo either. I'm sorry the image backgrounds couldn't be brought along for some of the inner pages. It causes the overall look and feel to grind to a halt when you hit one of them. Also, your email link is not a valid email.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

Hey sorry about the really late reply to this! Kind of got caught up with.. life I guess! Sorry!

But I think you did a really good job with the consistency of each site from the main site of the "bad" homepage to the rest of the pages! I also like how you stayed consistent with the grey-blue color from your personal homepage (not sure if it was intentional but it ties it together nicely!) Everything looks good from my end, the only thing I might want to try and work on is when you hover above the "about us" navigation, the text escapes the box that it's in. Other than that it looks great!
Ivor Harvey

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

Hey sorry about the really late reply to this! Kind of got caught up with.. life I guess! Sorry!

But I think you did a really good job with the consistency of each site from the main site of the "bad" homepage to the rest of the pages! I also like how you stayed consistent with the grey-blue color from your personal homepage (not sure if it was intentional but it ties it together nicely!) Everything looks good from my end, the only thing I might want to try and work on is when you hover above the "about us" navigation, the text escapes the box that it's in. Other than that it looks great!
Ivor Harvey