Project 2 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
michelek

Project 2 Preliminary

Post by michelek »

Here is the website I am re-doing, renojaguarclub.com I picked this website since I know many of the members and I hear complaints about the website. They have changed it since this project began but still needs work. It has been hard to find any nice looking car club websites on the internet, so I have struggled in finding a design I like. Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone!
Attachments
rjc_website_homepage_2.jpg
rjc_website_innerpage_2.jpg
rjc_website_homepage_1.jpg
rjc_website_innerpage_1.jpg
Michele K Ott

erose

Re: Project 2 Preliminary

Post by erose »

Hi Michele:

I like both designs much better than the actual site. I LOVE your design #2. That home page is super classy! Fits right in with the type of cars in that club. Also, there are some really cool things you can do with css, image filters, that you can use to enhance the photos on your design 2 inner page (if you want). Sepia, saturation, etc. Here's a link to some info about these filters: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/web-de ... -and-more/. Nice work though!

elizabeth_mccurdy

Post by elizabeth_mccurdy »

Hi Michele:

I like both designs and look a lot better that the original. That jaguar in the front page was scary :lol: . I love your design #2. That home page is great specially the colors I think they go perfect with this kinds of cars they have. I Also think the position make the navigation easy and clear. I just think I will add some more effects and the boxes where the car are to give more deep and emotion to the page.
Elizabeth McCurdy

Adobe WanKenobi

Post by Adobe WanKenobi »

Damn, dat JAG doe!

The design 2 home page is awesome, I love the grill on that jag! overall these are really well thought out and designed. Layouts are clean, obvious and easy to navigate.

My couple of pointers would be: buttons don't always need boxes, consider dropping them on nav buttons for design 2; Your design elements don't have be so large, design 1 lacks some hierarchy due to everything being very large, consider making some things smaller that are not as critical to introduce more negative space (like nav and type, its not the jitterbug website) :D ; Alignments and spacing should be consistent, design 1 text and images could align with top of nav bar, consistent spacing with images would make a big difference in design 2 page 2.

Great work Michele!
Harper

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Good morning Michele,
Both designs are neat, the homepage_1 is very elegant in black and white. But the homepage_2 is the best one, the image you chose for the background is perfect! The one thing I would change is the size of your text, it is way too big. Other than that, it looks awesome!
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi Michele,

I think design2, the sepia one is the best of the two. The picture you chose for the background of the home page is perfect, and the sepia gives it a classy feeling that works really well. My suggestion, like many others is to rethink some of your sizing, especially anything with text.
BreeAnn St.Onge

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! A massive improvement over the bad one.

Your first design is the strongest. The colors and contrast work well together to create a high class feel. Your background image is perfectly selected for color, pattern, and to move the eye through the composition. Your navigation is large and easy seen/used. You have a lot of room for your page content and can arrange it around that image to great effect. I also like the little touch of using your over state as a "marker" on your inner page so people can see where they are at a glance. Nice touch!

I don't think it needs the buttons to have blocks behind them (at least on their up states). There's enough contrast there that the regular type should be plenty. Also, for your inner page, I don't think you need to clip out your background image completely. Maybe just make it transparent over a dark champagne background.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

EduardoG

Post by EduardoG »

HI Michele,
Both of your designs look good, although, I think your second design rough is the way to go.
Your first design's image is amazing, but it has too much empty space, unlike the second design;
The navigations are easy to to see and use.
advice would be to move the navigation more to the edge, so as not to take any space from the body area.
- Eduardo Garcia

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

I really like the first design that you've made- I like how the sepia kind of reminds me of old photography- and this website is dedicated to classic Jaguars. I like the use of the image on the first homepage, and how your text wraps around the hood of the car. I think on the second page of the first design, the photos could be centered so theres not such a large gap down the enter.
Ivor Harvey

KKentera_5000

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Good Job Michelle! I know I already commented on your designs but for some reason it did not save the post. What I think is that these are both really strong ideas but the top designs just really stand out to me. It has a very classic and elegant feel to it, (much like the Jag itself) but also has some real contemporary elements to it which makes it modern at the same time.

If anything maybe just consider using that orangish-brown on the gallery button a lil' more. - I know you're trying to give it some emphasis, which is great but I just think it would look cool maybe as a border around the lower images also.
Kevin Kentera