RE: GRC175 Project 3 Preliminary Designs J. Tenenbaum

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
jtenenbaum

RE: GRC175 Project 3 Preliminary Designs J. Tenenbaum

Post by jtenenbaum »

Hi All, Attached are 2 designs for Project 3. For Design I used an illustration that I created in photoshop for the background. Design 2 is more conservative. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Jodi
Attachments
GRC175_Project3_JTenenbaum_Design2.jpg
GRC175_Project3_JTenenbaum_Design1.jpg
Jodi Tenenbaum

kaycee_weddell

Re: RE: GRC175 Project 3 Preliminary Designs J. Tenenbaum

Post by kaycee_weddell »

These are both really nice. The first design (green TMCC) is really simplistic and well organized. I think I am leaning more towards this one because it keeps the focus on TMCC and the graphics program. I love the imagery and background you created in your second design (blue mountain) and I think that the cityscape you created would look nice at the bottom of your first design as well. You could also maybe try creating a slideshow to show different work you have done for a gallery page or even on the home page. Overall these designs both look really great!
Kaycee Weddell

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Wow, these are both fantastic! But you've been doing great work all semester, so I expect that, haha.

I love both of these layouts, but I think the bottom design is too reminiscent of a ski resort, not the program. I think the first one is better suited to the assignment, but save the illustration from the second one because it's great and you can probably reuse it in one of your inner pages.

I love the layouts on both, they're easy to read and navigate and are interesting to look at. I especially love the way you laid out the text and photos on the first layout, as well as your color scheme. Your "think visually" slogan is especially cool, very memorable.

Honestly, I don't have any suggestions to improve anything because both of your layouts are very strong. I can't wait to see the whole thing!
Lauren Solinger

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

Both are terrific designs. I prefer the blue one. The silhouette at the bottom is cool and the blues and the greens work well together.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

These comps rock, as always. I prefer the "Think Visually" version for its marketing focus, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you code it out! Good luck!
— David Branby

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

They both have the possibility of turning out really good. I like design 2 best tho, it has more contrast and I really like your illustration (very well done on that!). The only thing that catches my attention as being off, is the white background of the 'menu' box, it doesn't fit with the rest of the color scheme. Design 1 is also good, but it feels flat...no dimensionality to it.
Good luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I like the layout of both your designs! The one in green portrays your content better. You have a nice use of space. Your colors work well together on both of your designs. Maybe you can increase the font a bit to make it easier to read.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

raoki

Post by raoki »

Both of your designs is very beautiful and easy to read!
I love the first one because of the color scheme that matches TMCC's branding color. I guess there's nothing to point out! :shock: Great job!
Remi Aoki :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Neat, they're like giant infographics! You've got two very strong designs here Jodi. I would have like to have seen some inner pages as well.

I slightly prefer the second one because of the superdetailed themed background and the fact that it's a little further away from TMCC's established branding without completely stepping out of it. I like the "Think Visually" slogan/mission statement. It immediately establishes intent and plants seeds in the minds of users. The downtown skyline at the bottom localizes the website at a glance. Having multiple navigations also works pretty well. You've used color and size to immediately establish hierarchy and resolve any confusion. Despite the full image background, I have no trouble reading your content. It's well placed and works with the background image well.

My only problem with it is that TMCC's bile green is a little clashy with your pretty blues. I'd swap it for a nice black, that's a TMCC color that will work better with your blue and it'll nicely promote contrast. I'd either widen your buttons or shrink the text a touch so all your buttons are one line.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

Wow - tough choice, Jodi. I like them both for different reasons. The first design feels a little more congruent with the current TMCC colors and isn't quite as season specific, but the graphic in the second design is so engaging! When I think of target audience, I lean toward the second one as I think it would be more appealing to the demographic. Both designs are great layouts and I really like your "Think Visually" message.
Cindy Salyer