Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
lornrocks

Project 3 Roughs

Post by lornrocks »

Hi everyone,

Here are my roughs for the final project.

Layout 1:
grc_175_2001_sp16_lsolinger_project3_layout2-1.jpg
grc_175_2001_sp16_lsolinger_project3_layout2-2.jpg

For this layout I went super artsy and trendy, using cool fonts and color schemes and stock photos.

Layout 2:

grc_175_2001_sp16_lsolinger_project3_layout1-1.jpg

grc_175_2001_sp16_lsolinger_project3_layout1-2.jpg

For this layout, I decided to stick with TMCC's green aesthetic and decided to use photo backgrounds with a slight blur to add some interest without taking away from the text.
Lauren Solinger

Joe_Morales

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by Joe_Morales »

I really like both of these designs and especially with how you played with your images to give them that added layer of texture. My only critique would be for your trendy stock design theres a lot of body copy on the pages so id shorten those or break them up more. great job!
Joseph Morales

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

I definitely like the first design more. Maybe try lowering the opacity of the images at the top to make the words more good.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

Nice start! I prefer version one, and can imagine you making it even more visual with vibrant photos and perhaps a splashy color theme. Looking forward to seeing it "made real" with code! Good luck!
— David Branby

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I don't know...neither one feels like you. I guess I was expecting something bolder and brighter. Of the two, layout 1 is better...not quite as generic as layout 2. The picture header is a good idea, but maybe with a picture that shows off something a graphics class would do.
Good luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

raoki

Post by raoki »

I guess I like your first design better because it's very clean, neat, and very stable.

For those images on the top, you can make them half tone down or play with opacity.
Remi Aoki :D

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I really like both of your design! The layout 2 is very simple, clean and easy to read. Your designs are easy to read and have a nice use of spacing. Your colors work well together on both of your designs. The background photo in the text area of your layout 1 is a little blurry and makes it hard on the eyes.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Both concepts are really solid. I really like the first design with your stock photos because of the use of color. Color is a big part of design so I like that you showed that in your imagery. The body copy seems a little heavy maybe try shortening it up a little but over all really nice job!
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your first version better. It makes use of a subtle contrast and is more visually pleasing.

I think the photographic top bar look especially good. You can use that to emphasize the content for whatever page it's above. It also does a good job of announcing the program and showing off the logo. Your body copy and title text are easy to read and digest. I especially like the brass colored title on the inner page. Your nav bar is large and easy to find. The subtle image in the background gives the design a depth and texture that belies it's simple, clean, layout.

I'm not sold on the spiderweb navigation font, though. It just seems like a step out of the design, plus it blends the navigation into it's nav bar a little too much. I think a clean sans-serif would do you well in that spot. Also add some spacing between the paragraphs in your bodycopy a little bit, they kind of run together now.

Nice job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

I really like your first design. It feels more balanced to me in it's layout. I like the photos in the headers too, although I think the "graphic communications" header in white gets a little lost in places of them. I really like the fonts you used, especially in your navigation bar. Nice work!
Kirsten Sorensen