Project# 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Joe_Morales

Project# 3 Roughs

Post by Joe_Morales »

Here are my ideas for project #3 still playing around with them. They both took a contemporary style I feel they are a bit empty or lacking in something so I might add some shapes or incorporate some patterns. please let me know what you all think thanks!
Attachments
classes_02.jpg
home_02.jpg
classes_01.jpg
home_01.jpg
Last edited by Joe_Morales on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Morales

lornrocks

Re: Project# 3 Roughs

Post by lornrocks »

That very bottom image you posted is fantastic! I love the photograph background, the layout, the text, all of it. It looks super clean and modern and it definitely suits the program just fine. If you could have all your pages with that aesthetic, that would be great.

The very top one is also very good, but I think it needs a little something more, maybe some texture or less negative space. I'm not sure. But those two would look nice together.

Your middle designs are okay but tbh I feel like they're generic and too much like the site we're already redesigning, you know?

Anyway, good job!
Lauren Solinger

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

Both designs are clean and easy to navigate. The 2nd one works better for me. The placement of the TMCC logo is more good. The 2nd layout just feels better to me.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

Strong work! I prefer Home 01 and Classes 01 for their highly visual nature and clean design. Excited to see how you code them out!
— David Branby

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I like the way you did the homepage for rough 1. It gives one a feeling for what is being done in a class. I can't see anything I would suggest changing on it. The students picture on the other homepage is really good, it would be good for your classes page. But the rest of your designs seem to be just generic and blah.
Good luck,
Denise
Denise Norwood

raoki

Post by raoki »

I really enjoy both of your concept so it's hard to say which one is better... but hm, I'd say your second concept is more consistent and looks more professional.
If you want to go with your first concept, yeah, I'd recommend you to add some patterns on the background with very light visivility and stay on the vertical navigation. Good job for your work!
Remi Aoki :D

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Both of your designs are well done! I like the course offerings page in your design 2 and the home page of design 1 the best. I know they aren't the ones that go together but they seem to work better together to me. All of your designs are easy to read and have nice spacing.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your designs turned out really great. I am leaning more towards the bottom designs. They have a very modern feel and use great imagery for a GRC website! Awesome job. Your first designs are nice as well however on the course offerings page the body copy needs to be pushed to the left so it is centered in the white space you provided for it. Great job!
Kaycee Weddell

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'd say your second design is the better one. Use that one.

Using a white header and footer to frame your image background was a very strong choice. It really serves the image, and central content, up on a silver platter for your users to consume the website's information easily and quickly. Your navigation is large and easy to find. I like the little underline rollover/pagemarker. It serves to add a splash of color and interactivity to your design. I also like the use of different image backgrounds from page to page. You can use those images to "tell a story" and enhance to content on each page. You've also somehow managed to make TMCC's colors not eye meltingly awful, I suspect by minimizing the bile green they use. A nice trick either way.

Watch the tracking and kerning of your type. It looks a little mashed together right now. Also, watch your padding on the boxes on your inner page. You're getting a little close to the bottom of the boxes with your type.

Good job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

Both designs are good, clean and laid out well. I prefer the first one, I think the darker navigation/title and footer bars offer more contrast that really frames the page. I agree it is a little plain, maybe some texture in your framing elements or navigation sidebar would add some interest. Good job!
Kirsten Sorensen