Final Project 2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kaycee_weddell

Final Project 2

Post by kaycee_weddell »

This is my project 2 website. For those of you who don't know I redesigned the Truckee Bagel Company website http://www.truckeebagelcompany.com. This project was not easy for me, but I learned a lot and I am happy with my site. I ended up putting my two roughs together for my final design. Let me know what you think!http://grc175.com/student/spring_2016/kaycee_weddell/
Kaycee Weddell

kaycee_weddell

Re: Final Project 2

Post by kaycee_weddell »

From the home page all buttons on the nav take you where you want to go. The only button that doesn't link to anything is the start button on my order page. This was intentional because I did not know how to design a responsive page. From the menu button on the nav you obviously go to the menu and then at the bottom click on build your own to see the other menu and then when you hit back to menu it will take you back to the menu page :)
Kaycee Weddell

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

Easy to navigate, buttons took me to where I spected them to, and a good amount of food pictures. Good job, KC! The only concern I have is the click/copyabilty of the text.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Hi Kaycee,

Your home page looks fantastic! Definitely turned out great from your rough from project 1.

Your redesign is also looking really good! Love the photo background and your choice of fonts. The photographs are fantastic and a good choice for inspiring potential customers to come in. The text on your history section isn't too wordy so it's not intimidating to read. Everything is very easy to read and navigate, but also pleasing to the eye. The menu is a nice touch and the order button is cool. Hopefully someday it will actually work, haha.

I think this is a great little website, perfect for a little local business. Honestly you could probably pitch it to the client and see if they actually listen.

Good job!
Lauren Solinger

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well done, Kaycee. You've done an excellent job of capturing your designs on both your Project 1 and Project 2.

I really like the use of contrast in your designs. They do a great job of highlighting your content. I like the use of the background image on the bagel shop. It does a great job of framing your content while also seeing the mood and tone of your website. The typogrophy on both works well with the designs without being illegible or sacrificing design in the name of information conveyance. Your navigation is large and easy to use on the both of them. I also like your use of food imagery on the bagel website. It shows what they have to offer rather than telling.

My only concerns are your image based type and lack of interactivity. The big issue with type when it's an image is that search engines can't read it. Right now, it's a viable tactic, but I'll be showing you guys how to sub in "real" fonts shortly so that won't be an issue. As for the interactivity, I think both your websites would have benefitted from some rollovers, like you have on the "Build Your Own" button, where the type or image changed color to signify clickable areas.

Very good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

Wow! What an improvement over their original site! You did a great job, Kaycee. Your typography, images and layout are all working really well to represent the company. I can tell you put alot of work into it. Just FYI - I tried to open in Internet Explorer and couldn't get all the content. Not a big surprise since IE is such a lousy browser, but wanted you to know in case there was anything to be done if you do pitch it to the company. Worked find in Firefox :)
Cindy Salyer

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

Both of your sites look great. The improvements you made to the Truckee bagel site are tremendous! My only gripe with you sites is they seem to static I feel if you added some interactivity like hover overs or a slide show it would take the sites up a notch but great redesign overall!
Joseph Morales

KamiGurl

Post by KamiGurl »

Hey Kaycee!

Your personal homepage came out beautifully! You did a great job in keeping your final looking like your roughs. And my goodness, what a difference in the re-design of Truckee Bagel! Yours looks so much better! You must pitch this to them! lol The only thing I would change is what Joe said... I would love to see a little interactivity with this site to help pop it off. Other than that, you did a really nice job Kaycee! I completely understand your struggles! :lol:
~Kami

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I really like your designs. Both sites look professional. They are easy to read and navigate.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I think you have a good thing going here. The bagel site shows off their products quite well, especially with the food backgrounds. I know which buttons are clickable by trying to click on them, but it would be easier to know if they changed color when someone hovers over it.
Denise Norwood
Denise Norwood