Project#2 Final Sort of

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Joe_Morales

Project#2 Final Sort of

Post by Joe_Morales »

Hello everyone,

This is my submission for project 2 I was having problems with the revised website. My preview in dreamweaver shows everything fine but when i uploaded the site two of my buttons disappear.

Nonetheless heres my personal site link everything that highlights is clickable except for project 3 and resources:

http://www.grc175.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html

Heres the site I revised in case anyone was curious:

http://www.eclipsepizza.net/eclipsepizz ... lcome.html
Joseph Morales

rmiyashiro

Re: Project#2 Final Sort of

Post by rmiyashiro »

Great layout for both the redesign and your class website. Like I noticed on Denise's sites, none of your type is copyable. I'd offer you advice on your Eclipse Pizza site but I'm still struggling to finish mine :D
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Your personal homepage looks amazing, very artsy and cool. The links all seem to work.

As for project 2, your redesign looks great! I love the textured background and the center graphic that says "welcome". Once you get the rest of it up and finished (because I think there are only some buttons? The secret menu button doesn't do anything) it will be fantastic, I'm sure.
Lauren Solinger

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your project one site turned out really well. I love the minimalistic look and feel. I enjoyed your project two design as well. The choice of colors you used really pop off the page and the images are great. I can't wait to see the finished product. Im sure it will be awesome.
Kaycee Weddell

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I think both your sites look really good. Very different styles (appropriately!) and each style successfully designed. Grayscale isn't always easy to pull off and you did a great job on your personal page. Your color choices on your redesign page are perfect for a food site and I think the layout works really well. I have a little bit of a contrast issue with the word Welcome, but that could just be my mature eyesight :)
Cindy Salyer

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Not to bad, Joe. Not too bad at all.

I really like the contrast on your Project 1. It does a good job of highlighting the content and allowing easy information uptake and interactivity. Too bad we lost the top bar image. I also like the self portrait. It goes well with the classic aesthetic you're establishing. The layout of your Project 2 is very strong. It's easy to find information, the navigation (what there is of it) is easy to use, and it all goes together in a nice seamless brand. Your logo does a great job of establishing your brand immediately. Good use of color throughout to tie things together. I also like how the background texture both continues the branding and adds visual interest to the design.

Too bad we lost some of the top bar on your Project 1 and your buttons on Project 2. Those are background image link issues in your CSS. Most of your type is background images, but that's fine on this project. On future projects I'll want to see live type used now that I'm teaching you guys how to feed in live type via CSS. It's tough to get to the rest of your Project 2 content without a functioning navigation.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

KamiGurl

Post by KamiGurl »

Hey Joe!

Both of your websites are Awesome! They are both very strong layouts, and work well with each other! I just wish the buttons would work on your 2nd project. I keep pressing "secret menu" in hopes that it works lol So I am definitely excited to see it when you get it all up and running. :) Great Job Joe!
~Kami

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Nice job. Your sites look professional. Your color scheme works well on both sites. I tried to click your links on your project 2 but couldn't get it to work.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I still like your home page, very clean and classy. The colors on your project 2 page work really good...except that your 'welcome' isn't very noticeable. I want to see what the 'secret menu' is! Hopefully you can get it up soon.
Denise Norwood
Denise Norwood

ariaaearnest

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hey Joe!

I like the way your designs turned out and they look very professional but none of your buttons on the second project are working when I click on them D: I hope you fix it soon so we can look through your website.

Aria
Aria Earnest