Final submission for project one

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ravens.way

Final submission for project one

Post by ravens.way »

Hi everyone,

In my final design I have incorporated aspects of my second design. I have tried to portray who I am in this design by including things that are important to me.

The picture of the baby on the horse is a picture of my son when he was little. It is included because my family is very important to me. The dress and slippers are items that I made including the bead work and the painted raven design on the dress. I have danced in my native style since I was five and am very involved in my culture. The raven is my clan in both Tlingit and Tutchone traditions. My clan is honored on my page through the raven on the page and the raven stealing the sun on my dress.

The font I used for my name is a style I used to use when I was a kid so I had to include it somewhere.

I hope you enjoy.
Attachments
website3.jpg
Last edited by ravens.way on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

dnorwood

Re: Final submission for project one

Post by dnorwood »

You did a good job. I think the placement of the raven and then arching your name above it was a good choice. All together it speaks greatly of who you are and what is important in your life.
Denise
Denise Norwood

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

I'm glad you chose to go with this one. The TMCC logo and class info are definitely easier to read.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Very nice job! I'm glad you used the white TMCC logo and white text on your photograph and moved it so it's much easier to read. Love the little touches to show your personality, including the font choice for your name and the photographs. I think the whole thing is very easy to read and navigate and has good hierarchy to it. Plus, the theming is excellent. Great job taking our suggestions from critique 1 and using them to improve your website. Good job.
Lauren Solinger

raoki

Post by raoki »

I think this layout looks successful as a website.
I suppose you used four different typefaces which make it lack uniformity, so you can change the typeface of your email at least because important information should be easy to read.
Remi Aoki :D

Ryan_Hartman

Post by Ryan_Hartman »

Firstly, fantastic organization and great installations within the welly placed areas. The contrasting white really pulls out the images more, subtract the bottom image sadly, just because of the whites in the fur, but still well done. The font is a great choice especially when your using a forest setting.

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

i love the narrative and the elements drawn from your various interests as a way of educating the reader about you. I would agree with Remi here in that using only two fonts (one display/fancy, and one very simple and clean) would add cohesion to the overall design. Excited to see what you build out!
— David Branby

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

Great progress on your design! I like your images, but also really liked the raven from your second design so I'm glad you added it to your final design. I think it would be nice if the raven and wolf graphics were a little more unified - either both color or both black and white. I enjoyed reading about your heritage.
Cindy Salyer

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Your design came out really well. This is much easier to read and I enjoy your brown and blue colors. I think it turned out pretty well. Good job!
Kaycee Weddell

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

I really enjoy this design it speaks a lot about who you are and its very easy to navigate throughout the page.
Joseph Morales