Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
erika.murray

Re: Project 1

Post by erika.murray »

Hi Pearl,

I like the concept of your first website, but it seems a little too basic to convey the idea that you are trying to go for. Maybe instead of having the background as a solid color, you could do a corkboard texture or something similar to give that feeling of being in an office.
I like the balance of your second design, and the horseshoes as navigation buttons.
I do think these need a lot of work in terms of content -- it is hard to critique what isn't there.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

breezy

Post by breezy »

Pearl,
I like the second one better just because it is so you. I think the layout is good and has a lot of potential!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

Pearl_Martens,
The first home page is still missing too much content for the viewer to grasp the idea as a whole, so i'm leaning more towards the second one. I enjoy the theme, it's different from the rest of the home pages i've seen, so it's a good start. The content is floating so there needs to be an improvement on layout and composition, some research will help. Some ideas that you may want to pursue is something like: rather than having that squared image you can have a horse shoe about 1/3 of the size of the home page and include the image within it and perhaps you can also include the links onto the horse shoe itself. What would really look good is to have some light yellows as the color of your headline and/or links.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both of these designs are really nice starts.
The first one feels very plain, currently. The tabs on the side are a really nice idea and I think it could work well. The tabs lack consistency in their sizes and placements, though. For example, the purple one is farther to the left than the others, and the dark green is just smaller. With a more polished overall design, these little things might feel intentional and work, but as it is they stick out as being messy.
Your second design could use more contrast between the horseshoes and the background, as they get lost easily currently, and try center aligning that bottom "about me" paragraph text box more.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi Pearl!

Your second site is more inviting. Maybe I'm just a sucker for horses, lol, but it does seem like it shows more of your personality. You could play with your typefaces more and get more out of them. Overall, you are starting off with a good layout. I'm looking forward to seeing more! :)
Melissa Peel

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Hi Pearl,

I like your second design. I like how you used the same color as the horse in the rest of your design. Maybe make the horse shoes bigger so they stand out more.
Cassandra Bowers

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

They are both pretty empty. I would go with the bottom website design just because it look more like a website and the colors aren't all up in my face.
bImage
Darian Potichny

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

The second one seems like it's going in a good direction, the first one has a few too many colors they kind of distract from each other.
Julian Emme