[Project 1] Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jose_M

Re: [Project 1] Preliminary

Post by Jose_M »

SerenDark,
Honestly you can go with either one. They're both strong concepts and they seem to be at least 75% done with each so you're not far from the finished product. I prefer the first one. Adding some white, I think will improve the dimension of it all and the bottom half seem to be filled with flat shapes, so I suggest including some accents to improve that.
Jose Macias.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hey Olivia!

I like both of your designs a lot. I'm "in love" with the cinematic blue one because it has a nice clean feel to it. It is sharp to look at. The book one is great too because it is more fun. I could see each design having different applications/purposes and working. Overall the book layout is brighter and has more personality. The graphic framing the page, the one that goes over the corner of the top photo, it distracts the viewer from your face because it is so close. The colors are cheerful and I like how you made the nav buttons into book ribbons!
Melissa Peel

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Olivia!

I love your design of the second one! The colors are really nice and very easy to navigate.

Honestly my only critique is mark your name bolder and add the TMCC logo for criteria.

Can't wait to see your finished work!

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

Go with the the first design! It is absolutely beautiful!!!! The color and imagery work very nice together and the overall design is very professional looking. Good work!
bImage
Darian Potichny

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hi Olivia!

Great job on your designs, they look very nice. personally I like your second design more, because the balance between photos, and body paragraph's combined with your main menus, in a really unique way.

My suggestion is to play a bit more with the background colors.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

The colors in the first one crate a moody feel that I really enjoy, the second one isn't as appealing. I would definitely build on the first, the idea on parallax scrolling is cool as well.
Julian Emme