Project 3 Prelim Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 Prelim Critique

Post by Instructor »

Of your two designs, I'd say the second one is your better bet.

The layout is clean and easy to follow. I like it's simplicity and directness. Your navigation is large and well placed. The serif type creates a welcoming feel for the website. I like the use of image backgrounds. It helps ground the site and adds more visual interest without you having to get too fancy with the layout. You have a lot of room to spread out and play with different layouts to better communicate your information.

I don't think it needs to be quite that green though. It's a bit difficult to look at right now. I'd look at adding some other, more neutral colors. Maybe blacks and grays with whites for contrast along with the TMCC green. You'll also want to center your content box, right now it's spilling out toward the right. Lastly, watch your margins on your title. It's right against the edge of your top photo, move it down so it has room to breathe.

A good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The design of the second concept is much stronger and looks better than the design of the first concept. The decorative font does well to serve as navigation font, however it's overbearing as body text. I would suggest using something a little more readable. I do like the color pallet you chose for the website over all, and it represents the school clearly.

Make the background for the logo transparent, the black will contrast just fine off the background, and maybe make the pictures less disjointed.
- Starla Houck

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the landscape style of the second one but not the way the portraits are floating around.
-End message

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

Okay design layout, but there is something weird going on with the boxes with transparency. Fiddling with the opacity or moving the boxes so they don't overlap could help.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.

moserary

Post by moserary »

I hope you went with the second set. The color and zig/zag of the headlines make them distracting and awkward. The second one is balanced and professional, but as others stated, bit green. Perhaps some of Michael's gradient work..?