Project 2 final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Ryan_Hartman

Project 2 final

Post by Ryan_Hartman »

Here's the original Reno Furry Forum Site http://renofurries.com/forum/

Here's my version of the with additional colors http://grc175.com/student/spring_2016/ryan_hartman/

lornrocks

Re: Project 2 final

Post by lornrocks »

Your background image is a very cool choice, as is the logo at the top. The links all work but I feel like you could have explored fonts more. I realize this is supposed to be like a message board, but even this message board uses sans-serif fonts so everything looks more polished and less default.

That being said, I know the struggles you went through coding this, and it looks great!
Lauren Solinger

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Good job on your design. The colors work really well together. As I said before I like your illustration on here, it turned out really well. I do agree with Loren about exploring different fonts. I think that would make your design a lot stronger. Overall good job.
Kaycee Weddell

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I think your sites are looking good! I had trouble viewing in Internet Explorer but much better in Firefox. Your illustrations are amazing! I wish I could draw characters as well as you do! your color choices are well done and I like the layout of your redesign page. Good job!
Cindy Salyer

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've done a very good job converting your preliminary work to functioning websites. Well done, Ryan.

I like the background gradients on both of your projects. They establish a fun, cartoony, feel to both websites. It keeps those sites upbeat. I especially like the bubble gradient on your Project 1. Your navigation is large and easy to use on both websites. I also like that the text is very legible on your Project 1, despite using a non-standard font. Your Project 2 works pretty well also. The Nevada mascot character is amusing (he's so intense). What content there is is well laid out and easy to read and use. The paw print background helps visually reinforce what the website is about.

I was hoping for a little more content on your Project 2 website, it seems a little sparse. I'm also not sold on the default link look for your forum pages. You've used a bit of image type here, which is fine for these projects, but will not be on future projects now that I'm showing you guys how to feed fonts in via CSS.

Good job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

KamiGurl

Post by KamiGurl »

Hey Ryan,
Great job on your websites! I really enjoy your use of color, and character art work. I'd have to agree on the font.. changing it up would make a big difference. Also your "Check out Project 1" button is a little off (but I completely understand the frustrations in that lol) Other than that, great job on your first websites!
~Kami

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I like the colors you used on your sites. Your font is easy to read. Your link on project 2 seems to be off a bit. Nice job.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I like the overall look of your site, but I like the project 2 page better. It feels cleaner and easier to read. I feel that it needs more content to it, though.
Denise Norwood
Denise Norwood

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

Good colors and layout and images. Easy navigation. You misspelled Sierra in the logo.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro