Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
dzynecin88

Project 1 Final

Post by dzynecin88 »

Here's my final design. I wasn't happy with either of my rough designs so I combined the parts I did like about each of them into my final. I liked the grayscale with a touch of red from my first rough and the photograph I took in Yosemite from my second rough. I'll probably continue to play around with it throughout the semester but feel I'm getting closer.
Attachments
p1_my_first_website_v3_grayscale.jpg
Cindy Salyer

lornrocks

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by lornrocks »

Very nice job, Cindy! I love the touch of red on the grayscale too. Having a large photograph as a background or main image is super hot right now in website design, and I think you nailed it. The text and TMCC logo are easy to read and I think that combining your two roughs from last critique was a smart move. That being said, I kind of wish you had implemented some more red touches to the design as a whole, perhaps on your buttons/links? That would have really made them pop. Great job!
Lauren Solinger

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

I love the design of your site. The use of gray scale in you theme gives a nostalgic feel to your site. I like the nature scene especially the mountains.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

rmiyashiro

Post by rmiyashiro »

Your new layout is terrific. The mountains guide the eye to the navigation and then the red 'greetings' captures my attention bringing me right to your body copy. It has a nice rhythm to it.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

I think you did this very well. It is sometimes hard to get good contrast in a grey-scale design, but you managed it nicely.
Denise Norwood

raoki

Post by raoki »

I like how cohesive this layout is. There are some points you can make a change.
Probably the quote on the top left needs to change font's spacing and kerning. It's a little bit too much spread.
Also you can give some space to the copies under the tmcc logo so these will easier to read.
Remi Aoki :D

Ryan_Hartman

Post by Ryan_Hartman »

The grey scale and organization are both very well. The separation of the illustration and the body text are well made with the difference in the contrasting colors and i like your quote in your illustration. The Red text also pops out well pulling the viewers to read your text box.

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

The B&W treatment with the touch of red has a nice, clean feel to it, and draws the reader in to read your message. My only thought is to perhaps simplify your typography to a crisper, cleaner typeface to keep the serene vibe going ... the type you chose seems a little bitmappy. Nothing serious -- looking forward to seeing the final build!
— David Branby

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Cindy great job! I like this design a lot. I like your use of grayscale and adding a pop of color with your greetings section. This also has really nice contrast and a very calming vibe. I think you can get away with dropping the opacity a little more on your text box allowing more of your image through to provide more unity to your design.
Kaycee Weddell

Joe_Morales

Post by Joe_Morales »

This is really nice I like the classy direction you went with your design. my only critique would be your spacing between your type at underneath the TMCC logo. Id also scale down the quote at the top a bit. very nice design Cindy!
Joseph Morales