Project 1 final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Benjamin_Nance

Project 1 final

Post by Benjamin_Nance »

For my final design i chose to upload my first design with a black and white back drop with blue buttons. i also added the picture to the top above my name.
Attachments
GRC175.jpg
Benjamin Nance

rmiyashiro

Re: Project 1 final

Post by rmiyashiro »

This layout has a nice directionality and unity to it. The color choices work well. Try using more legible fonts for your body.
Ryan 'Danger' Miyashiro

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Nice background image. I like the use of shapes and font background color, it helps the font stand out. Your email looks like the font size might need to be increased or changed to a different font. I noticed you are missing the TMCC logo.
Gwendolyn Jones-Gailey

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

This looks much better. I like the use of the blue to add color. Your text doesn't stand out enough though...I would suggest a font with a heavier stroke. Or if you really like the one you used, put a dark drop shadow under it. Also, I'm thinking the picture on the top could be a little larger to cover the blurriness at the top of the other picture.
Denise Norwood

Ryan_Hartman

Post by Ryan_Hartman »

The contrasting colors and background is well but the position is all over the place and makes a "Zig Zag" post where the buttons consume most of the page. I'd consider some placement changes and re-size the lettering and boxes to more evenly space the concept.

lornrocks

Post by lornrocks »

Your layout has a cool feel to it, but I feel like it needs more. The black and white photo background with the blue accents on top is really cool, very in vogue, but I feel like we need something to differentiate your type (especially your body copy) from the rest of the background. Either try a different font color or put something behind the text to push it out. Reducing the opacity on the blue squares behind your bottom type would make it stand out in a more subtle way. I do like the directionality of your elements, they have nice movement.
Lauren Solinger

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

This design strikes me as slightly deconstructivist, sort of a "David Carson meets Squaw Valley liftie" vibe. The architecture, though still unconventional, is improved over your earlier mocks. I'll be interested to see your final build-out!
— David Branby

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I like what you've done with your design. The image of the leaves now looks like ski slopes with the tree image above. The grayscale and blue works well together, and I think the font you chose for your name is cool and speaks to your art background. The placement of your links is creating depth as well. Very cool!
Cindy Salyer

KamiGurl

Post by KamiGurl »

I like your final concept a lot more! It has a nice overall feel. I would suggest changing the font color on your buttons to make them "pop out" a little more. They blend into the background a little too much. Also with your background photo, maybe try a duotone with the blue you have as your buttons to give the piece some color. That's what I did with my b&w photo and I am much happier with it. Other than that, good job on it overall!
~Kami

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

Good job, this design has a nicer overall feel to it than your preliminary work. I like your background image with your color scheme. I think they work really well together. Im not sure if you blured the image so your font is more legible or if that's how the image is. However if you did I think maybe instead just play with your text a little more. Maybe brighten the color up or try adding in some effects and see if that helps it pop more. Overall nice job.
Kaycee Weddell