project1 preliminary critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ariaaearnest

Re: project1 preliminary critique

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hey Ryan!

I really like your second design. The geometric shapes are super interesting. I would try messing with the color scheme maker Michael showed us in class to help you get a stronger color scheme. Also think it's super cool you like the Hi-Fructose magazine too! Love seeing all the interesting artists they feature. I would also move the first circle (the hot pink one) up a little bit, it looks a little too close to your logo.
Aria Earnest

dazey_duck

Post by dazey_duck »

Hi Ryan, I'm really attracted to your second design, I've never seen a layout quite like it. Points for originality! I think your use of color works really well and I like the movement you have included in your shapes. I just think you can work a bit more on the placement of your page navigation. it is not as attention grabbing as the rest of your site and it was the last thing I looked at.
Kaylyn Dazey
GRC Student at TMCC

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

I really like both of your designs. The second one catches my eye easier, but I think it's the background color of the first one that makes that happen. I like the shapes more on the first, and how you are playing with the angles for your text placements. I would consider maybe just changing the background color of the first.
The second one is a strong composition, I like the graphic and name treatment. I would just suggest making the text in your about me section bigger, it's hard to read.
Kirsten Sorensen

Benjamin_Nance

Post by Benjamin_Nance »

i like your use of the Contemporary art style. the first one captured my interest and the second one kept it. good job

-ben
Benjamin Nance

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

Hi, Ryan! I applaud both of these designs for their fearless originality. I lean toward favoring the first design because it reminds me a bit of origami.

I'd like to actually see a bit of real written narrative in the main text block, so we can understand a bit more about you.

As for color schemes, I think either of these designs would be perfect candidates for the color-picker website that Michael showed us. You've got the elements ... just drop in a color scheme that works.

Looking forward to seeing the final outcome.
— David Branby