prelim_#3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Blackfïsk

Re: prelim_#3

Post by Blackfïsk »

I don't think you can use that adobe illustrator image, it's a featured image by a designer who above paid.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like your second rough! They look more like graphic design program website. Good work! I would only choose the one green color for the nav though.
Natsuki Tonuma

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like your first design better, though both could work. I like how simple the first design is, though with how bright the city scape it’s a little hard to read the black type. If you go with this one; maybe upping the opacity of the box behind it would work, I would also change the dark grey to tmcc green to incorporate more of the school colors. I like the idea of the second design, it incorporates more of a design feel but it seems a bit cluttered. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got a nice design going with your second one. Build that!

Too bad it was put up late...

It's got a kind of cleaned up David Carson feel to it. Like if grunge and bauhaus had a baby together. I really like the collage in the background. It's really quite visually interesting. It's got a chaotic, frenetic feel to it like an improv jazz drum solo. I like the typography as well. The three fonts work well together both with each other and with the energetic background. Yet they never loose either readability or legibility. The multi colors are a nice touch too. They drag some of the chaos of the collage into the order of the type. Your navigation is large and easy to find (on the home page).

I don't care for the underlined navigation buttons. I get the look you were going for, but in that case it just looks like a missed css rule. I don't think you need one giant semi-transparent background for your inner page either. I think a series of white strips, like you have on your homepage, will clear the necessary room to put in your inner page content. You could even blend 'em into the collage if you like. Also, where is your navigation on your homepage? I'd also add multi colored letters to your headlines on the inner pages too. Embrace the chaos!

Nice work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The second concept is so much better. I was a tad worried because the first appeared a little plain, but I see most of your effort went to the second one and it shows. I enjoy the monochrome and the color spots of the school's color. For the instructor page, I would recommend using the color from the previous page instead to keep things consistent, and the body font is much too bold.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

I agree with Ashley, the second set is much more interesting. I hope it's what you went with...