Project 3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Computer Lover

Project 3 Prelim

Post by Computer Lover »

So, I didn't stray too much from the original design because I thought it would be a little disorienting if the style of the pages dramatically changes from the home page. It was a tad limiting and I'm still toying around with different elements and composition, but this is what I've considered so far, though it's subject to change.

The first rough is something closer, and the background image isn't final, I just needed a type of image to give it some character. If anything, I might just switch it for the lizard I drew in the second since it wraps up nicely with the school. In either case, the color pallet was for the most part, kept because it is supposed to represent our degree through this foundation. The gap on the white isn't supposed to be empty space, an image will be there.

The second rough, with the lizard, has a darker contrast. It makes the lizard stand out rather nicely despite faded opacity. I purposely made the lizard look like a piece of art with the scribbled color-in because it felt more homage to the graphic community. At little uncertain with the body text in the first page, so I'm trying to figure out different ideas for that, but this is the general idea.

I like elements from both concepts, and depending on feedback, may even make a third concept using a combination of elements from the both of them. The direction is there, I just need a paved path for it.
Attachments
proj3_concept01.png
proj_concept02.png
proj3_concept03.png
proj3_concept04.png
- Starla Houck

warren.asher@gmail.com

Re: Project 3 Prelim

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I really like the design of your second one. The image of the lizard in the backround is a nice touch. It would have been nice to see the images you plan on using. i would reccomend using some from the labs and GRC equipment
-Warren Asher-

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I feel two layout looks similar.
but I like top one. white color represent clever a little bit more.

but Nice work!
Yoshiki Katabami

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I like the top one better, I doubt you will be allowed to showcase any other lizard image than 'Wizard' and that image is ugly as shit. SOOoooOOoooOoOoooooOo I would choose the first one, also I think your header is from the actual website now, so redesign it :P

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

The top one is better, it looks like legit TMCC pages. I also agree that one must never use the lizard. At least it has all 4 legs though.
-End message

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

Hard to tell without images. The first one is my preference because I don't like the lizard either. (It's like the college version of barney.) I think the layout on the first is best, but the navigation bar needs something to make it stand out.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

The top one does look very professional, but the second one does seem to pop the type off better with contrast. I would go with the second one without the lizard.
Mark Sinnott

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

The top one has a better layout, but it looks too similar to the current site. You should redesign the header.
ALEXIS ROSALES

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

These look similar to each other and to what already exists so maybe try incorporating dynamic images or something to create visual interest. I think the top one works better though.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I choose the top one but there is a contrast issue now. The background makes the text hard to read so you should fix that. Also, the design is very similar to the current website, so you might need to redesign the header and that would be great.
Natsuki Tonuma