Project 3 Prelim Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
NevadaCowgirl

Project 3 Prelim Critique

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

Here are my 4 roughs for Project 3. I went with colors of TMCC.
Attachments
project3_home1.jpg
project3_degree.jpg
project3_home2.jpg
project3_instructors.jpg
Amy Zimmerman

ravennvrmre

Re: Project 3 Prelim Critique

Post by ravennvrmre »

The colors are a bit too bright and saturated for me on the home1 its much better with the black (I would change the blue outline on home2 to black if you choose it), having said that, I like the layout of home1 better.

For the home2 design, I would go with a green tmcc logo, the white is really distracting, but with this design it gives you more room for content and you can spreed out more than with the other one.

For the home1 design, I really like on the right side, all the words of the programs that we use in our classes is a nice, unique touch. I would change the color on the turquoise box to maybe white or grey. I also noticed you don't have a footer, we don't need one but I think it'd be a nice addition to your designs. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I definitely like the bottom design better as far as layout. You have way too much of that same TMCC green color though. It is harsh on the eyes. I would choose a sans-serif simple font for the body copy and take out the white box around the TMCC logo. I think the blue and green are too close in value so you need to create more contrast. Good Start though.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

They feel really similar because you used the same colors and fonts for both designs. The second one has a better layout, but it's just too simple.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the layout of your first design. I would suggest adding some boxes or somthing to your links and navigation. It will make them pop more to the viewer, and more nav friendly. Good job.
-Warren Asher-

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one!

you should put red color which is the complementry color of green.

Nice work!
Yoshiki Katabami

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I think they are both hard to read and understand. Sorry. :P

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

The first one is better because the pix one don't account for the negative space. The navigation on one need to be aligned and angled at the same degree for each work (20° and - 20° for example.) less green, please.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like the second design better than the first the larger image is nice and the text box over top as well. I would find a cleaner way to integrate the nav into the layout. Nice work though.
Mark Sinnott

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

The first one is too complicated. I mean you did too much angle on the text. If you fix that, the first one works good though, I think. The second one has a contrast issue so you need to think about that if you choose it.
Natsuki Tonuma