Project 1 - Melissa Armstrong

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Rogers_Neighborhood

Re: Project 1 - Melissa Armstrong

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

really cool concept and love the photo of Reno at night but of course as mentioned before im not crazy about the green color maybe even if it was a different green or something it would tie in better. Good job!
Carrie Rogers

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

The layout is really good! I am glad you changed the lighting out for the gems and the cityscape. I get a very "Reno" feel from it. Great job!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Melissa_Armstrong wrote:Thanks Larry :)

I would love to incoporate rollover effects...I just wish I knew how with Dreamweaver...perhaps I can figure that one out.

You are exactly right, the card symbols are accents to where thay can and should be a bit smaller. Should the ones in between the buttons be the only ones smaller or do you think the diamonds also?

Many have stated to go flat with the card symbols but I really like the gemstoe aspect of them being in a way 3-dimensional...what do you think?

Anyways, thank you so much for your comments and advice. :)
Forget dreamweaver - go to the code. This shouldn't be too much of a stretch for ya'. :D Here's some help: http://www.ssi-developer.net/css/menu-r ... fect.shtml It's really pretty easy, you just have to make a second graphic of the same dimensions and tell the browser (using CSS as described in the link) to switch the background graphic when the mouse is hovering over the element.

I would say, make all of the card symbols smaller. And while we're on the topic, if the choice is flat or as gemstones, I say flat, IMO. But you can find a happy medium... get some form of graphics program better than paint (the GIMP is free mind you) and add a filter effect to it. (You'll see a filter menu.)

referencing your response to Matthew... yeah, the top margin is the space between (in this case) your design and the top of the browser window. (Though all elements have a margin, and it's one way to space everything from each other.)

Anyway, GLHF! :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

I like the design. The picture of Reno is beautiful. I think that it would be better to have the box around the whole design instead of having the box on each area. Overall I think you did a great job.
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"