Project 2 - roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 - roughs

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh. Nice work here.

Of your two designs, I like the second one better. The color scheme, imagery, and contrast really sell it to me. I like the dark blue background and type. It creates a nice contrast with the sand colored content area and really frames the content well. The pattern is also a great touch. I like the large images on both the home page and inner pages. They catch the eye and really communicate with the user.

Typographically, they are quite good as well. There is a good hierarchy throughout both pages. The navigation is a little complex, but manageable. I like the distressed type top headline. Also, the "TL;DR" section at the bottom of the home page is nice.

Really the only thing that isn't working is the tribal seal. It's a little clashy with both designs. I'd shuffle it off somewhere less dominant and sue the "Nevada and Idaho Combined" graphic in it's place.

Very, very good work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

great improvement! I like the brown combo, nothing major to change. I might make the brown color instead of stopping at the middle of the navigational bog to go all the way up and around the navigational box, it will look like the brown out line. Also I very like the images you used in you desing, great strart!

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Rosa-

These are great!

While the first layout is cleaner and has that more put-together feel for something representing these tribes, I like the feel the second layout and color scheme give me. Actually, I like the layout of the first one more, but I think if you can combine the color scheme and imagery form the second one to the first, it can make it even stronger! Also, just something to think about is not having your images and links/type so close together as on the bottom of the first layout, everything just seems a little cramped. You can give them some space to breathe, and maybe center those images on the bottom, as well, because they seem to be leaning a little left. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Rosa,

These are a great start! I think I like the blue roughs more than the earth colored ones. I didn't think the original is too bad, but you've made some great improvements to it. It's very organized and the information is nicely presented. I think your final is going to turn out great!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Rosa,

The color schemes you've chosen for the website makeover definitely feel more appropriate than the color scheme of the original layout. While I like the newspaper feel of the second layout, I would choose to go forward with the first layout since it feels more modern while still carrying a traditional feel to it, and is overall more warm and feels more welcoming. Good job on both of these.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Great job!
I like the first design. The brown color is matched with the photo. Also, the font choice is great! I really like that :) I think you should keep the navigation bar on the left side. I feel it's more easy to click it. I think you can play with the font of navigation.

Other than that, good job!

Kiwako