mark p. prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
mawpe

mark p. prelim

Post by mawpe »

I had so much trouble implementing my previous "fancy" designs that I thought I had better keep these fairly div friendly this time. at this point I don't think I can handle another round of struggles. I think some of you probably feel the same way :shock:
layout_one_home.jpg
layout_one_instructors.jpg
layout_two_home.jpg
layout_two_instructors.jpg
Mark Pederson

re8ecca

Re: mark p. prelim

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Mark - I'm drawn to your circle concept. It's a really interesting design technique, and I like how you've used it on both pages. I do think that your color scheme needs some tweaking (it is really hard to make reds and greens work together), and the font you've chosen for the masthead is somewhat childlike. How about something sleek and modern?
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hi buddy,
I like the second one, it looks more interesting and dynamic, the concept of the circles is great, just i feel like the scheme color does not help to much...
Juan Vazquez Lopez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Mark,

Second set is my choice as well. Love the circles and the depth you've created with them. Looks cool. I agree, and agree about the colors working together, and the font. :)
Donna Harn

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

hello Mark !! I love the concept on the second design and the color are working well .!! :D
Jose nunez

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Mark-

haha I absolutely agree with you about being hesitant to take on too much/more struggles! I like the circle layouts more- they are well balanced but still visually engaging and they are catching my eye. :-)
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

The second one!!! That technique of the cutouts is awesome. Go with that one.
Justin Hubert

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I enjoy your second layout but I would change the color scheme.
Dustin Hill

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Both layouts are very fun and entertaining! I love the abstractness that you went with! I do tend to like the first layout more, I think it is because it looks more complex with imagery…which is a good thing! Great job
jen
jenny breitrick

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Mark.

I think your first design has a more professional, adult feel to it, and I enjoy the array of images you're using. I think your navigation might need some work, because I'm not even sure how you got the instructor page from your homepage, and a really awesome header so GRC or something to that effect will always be on the page will help too. I do like the circle aspect of your second design, but when I first saw that homepage, the thing that popped to mind was "Mickey Mouse!" I think it's the bubbles under classes and instructors on the right side that did it, haha.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks