Button image is not right-

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
OliviasMama12

Button image is not right-

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Ok Hi again Michael! Again thanks for your help!

So here is my next question, as I continue to goof this up:

I'm trying to place a .png file as a button ON TOP of the background image I am using for my content. Not sure if I am inserting it at the wrong insertion point, or if I have to create some weird rule for it to fall "on top" of my background image, but everytime I try and place an button image it just shows up below my background instead of "on" it. If I go to the WYSIWYG and just try and drag the image on top, it just gets placed "above" the background image, not on it... so lost. I feel like I must be missing several steps to this or something. Is it OK to even use an image as a button? or does it have to be a certain text created on dreamweaver, or like a linked image sort of thing?

Nikki
button_question.jpg
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Button image is not right-

Post by Instructor »

Image buttons are just fine, don't worry about it.

My guess is that you've placed your "background" image as a foreground image, that is, placed it in the HTML. You want your background image to be placed into your "container" via your CSS.

First things first, double click on your "container" rule in Dreamweaver. On the "CSS Rule definition" window that pops up, go to the "Background" category. Click Browse next to "Background Image" and go find your background image in your images folder. Once you have found the right image click choose on the finder widow and that will place your image in. Next, in the "Background" category, make sure "Repeat" is set for no-repeat and "Horizontal" and "Vertical" position are set to center.

Next double click on your "body" rule in Dreamweaver. On the "CSS Rule definition" window that pops up, go to the "Background" category. Click on the square next to "Background color" and select a color for your overall website background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2c-DW-b8e8
Here's another video that should help you out.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173