center this image?

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
OliviasMama12

center this image?

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Michael-

Nikki here, I was the one who stayed after class Monday and had a TON of questions for you! Okay so I'm trying to place my background image in a "container" <--- (right?) I thought I aligned it correctly when I created a new CSS "rule"<--(right term?) But I guess I must not have done it correctly because when I preview it in safari it swings off to the left.- see attachment!

can you review for me how to center this image?

Thank you in advance!

Nicole
Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 7.21.08 PM.jpg
Medrano
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: center this image?

Post by Instructor »

Sorry about the late response Nikki. This flu has taken it out of me and I was passed out most of yesterday evening. So let's see what we have here.

Ah, I think I see what the problem is. BTW, you have your terminology correct. What you need to do is center your container div.

First things first, double click on your "container" rule in Dreamweaver. On the "CSS Rule definition" window that pops up, go to the "Box" category and make sure your Left and Right Margins are set to "auto".

Next, if you have not done so already, create a new CSS rule that's a tag style. Set the tag for "body". On the "CSS Rule definition" window that pops up, go to the "Block" category and make sure "Text align:" is set to left. Next, go to the "Box" category and set all Margin and Padding to 0 (zero).

That should center everything and get you a good start.

Here's a nice video on centering in Dreamweaver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gUEPvLsp08

Hope that helps!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

OliviasMama12

Re: center this image?

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Ok that helped to center it... Thank You!!!

I have a new question now (sorry I'm just kind of stumbling through this...)

- I'l make a new topic... heads up!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student