Michael Help!

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
mawpe

Michael Help!

Post by mawpe »

Hi Michael,
my optimism is crushed at every turn. just when I think I understand, I realize I know nothing.
anyway, here are a couple of screen shots in case my explanation doesn't make sense.

I added two images and in the WYSIWYG they line up together one on top of the other just fine, but in the browser there is a gap between them.
I played around with the padding and margins but I can't make them join. any idea what I am doing wrong?

thanks!
WYSIWYG.jpg
browser.jpg
Mark Pederson

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Michael Help!

Post by Instructor »

Hmmm.

I'd say you've got two possible solutions here. The first thing I would try is to make a tag style in your external stylesheet for your "body" tag. In that body style, set your margins and padding for zero. See if that will put the two of them together. If that doesn't work, then I'd make a class style (you can call it whatever you want, say .second_image, or .bottom_image), set it's top margin for zero and apply it to your lower image. If that doesn't work try putting a -5 for the top margin in your newly created class style and see if that moves it any closer. If so, adjust that number until they bump together. Voilà! It should work.

Let me know if that helps!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

Thanks! the last suggestion, the -5 setting worked
Mark Pederson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Glad to hear it, sir.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173