What size?

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
miss_kristine

What size?

Post by miss_kristine »

I believe we discussed the size of our web page in class, but I couldn't locate it in my notes or handout. Is there a specific or at least recommended size for our photoshop file? (pixel height and width)
Kristine Toward

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: What size?

Post by Instructor »

A good rule of thumb is 955px x 600px for your physical size. That way it'll fit on a 1024x768 monitor without popping scroll bars.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

Thanks!
Kristine Toward

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Although, if you want to make it smaller, I don't think Michael would mind. This is a design class, and if you have a reason you made a creative choice to make your design smaller, it IS your design and the designer's creative choice. As long as it can still fit all the required stuff without being cluttered.
- Nathan Lundholm

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Lundholm wrote:Although, if you want to make it smaller, I don't think Michael would mind. This is a design class, and if you have a reason you made a creative choice to make your design smaller, it IS your design and the designer's creative choice. As long as it can still fit all the required stuff without being cluttered.
Agreed. That's why there are no hard and fast rules about sizing, just rules of thumb.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173