ekfulton project 2 preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ekfulton

ekfulton project 2 preliminary

Post by ekfulton »

Hi everyone. Here is the first draft of a new site for Donner Ski Ranch. My goal here was to promote several themes: Donner has been around since the 1930s, Donner is family oriented, and Donner is fun. Please note that the icons on the buttons are not finished, in fact I don't really like what I have so I will be redoing those. The current website can be viewed at:

http://www.donnerskiranch.com

Thanks for your input! EK
donner_960_grid_24_col_v1.jpg
E.K. Fulton
ekfulton@gmail.com | 775-298-1515 mobile

re8ecca

Re: ekfulton project 2 preliminary

Post by re8ecca »

EK - I think your concept is fantastic. I love the vintage photo paired with the current family. You might try giving the vintage pic a slight blue wash, or use another color in your design to tie it in a little better. That's the only part about it that's throwing me off a little.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

it looks great but i would try to keep to a cool color scheme and possibly change the colors such as the blue a bit those exact colors are reminding me of like laundry detergent so possibly just darker blues mixed with greens and cool colors.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Hey Buddy, I think that your concept is just wonderful!!! The page is easy to navigate and it is overall fun. The one thing I would play with is toning down the hues in the text and color bars to match the image color hues. But great job!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Look waaay better then the original. Great layout and making mood of the websites. I want to go ski by looking on your design.
Alexey Makovskiy

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hey,
I like your layout mostly the concept of the transition in the pictures. I would suggest to play more with your scheme color, probably play with more flavors of blue and combine them in order to feel the concept of the page itself. this orange warm color does not feel really cold to me...anyways good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

E.K.,

I think the concept is great and really works well for the target audience. I love the use of icons and think that makes the navigation very effective (especially if they have visitors that don't speak English). I agree with the previous comments about keeping the color scheme cool colors and I really don't like the typeface they use as a logo. Picking something a bit more modern would help as it doesn't imply a feeling of the 1930's or 2012. Very good job and nice concept.

Aharon.
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi EK!

Great job so far- I really think this would translate nicely to printed materials too :-). I'm agreeing with several others, adhere the color scheme to mainly cool colors and you will have a nice "wintery" feel about your design:-)
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi E.F.
Your design is way better then the original. Everything is organized and clean, the site is easy to navigate through. I like how you made it more modern and the way you use pictures. I also agree with others work on the color scheme. :D
Maria Nunez

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Great job, I like it! I agree with my classmates, maybe just work with the imagery a little bit. Nice work, though! :)
Donna Harn