Question

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
Lundholm

Question

Post by Lundholm »

I found that my background is alot better overblurred and I love it, but now it's a gradient effect. Gradients have so many intermediate colors in between color 1 and color 2. Can a GIF handle that or will I need to make the background JPG?

Don't want to make my site take too long to download, but don't want to lose this wonderful effect either. Would a grayscale gradient jpg take too long to download to be a background?
- Nathan Lundholm

smith206

Re: Question

Post by smith206 »

unless your making your site for grandmas who still have dial up I don't think you need to worry to much about a gradient or two in your site. Just don't add a 20k x 20k pixel background or anything.
Kyle Smith

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

For gradients, JPEG is best as it avoids banding. I concur with the use of a repeating element background on something like those stripes. I'll be lecturing on this very thing next class.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

With my background overblurred like it is I don't even have stripes anymore. I just have a dark background with the car at the bottom glowing a brighter gray. You'll have to see it but I like it better.
- Nathan Lundholm