Project 3 final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Benjamin_Anderson

Project 3 final

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

I had a hard time trying to get my links in the right place but somehow they don't want to cooperate. They look fine when I pull it up with just the file but when posting it as a webpage it doesn't want to work correctly. Hope fully everything will work out in project 4.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

Aub

Re: Project 3 final

Post by Aub »

Hi! I like your design so far, I think it could have more text and visuals but at least you got everything working. Good job
Aubrey Delos Reyes

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Benjamin,

Good job getting your links to work! I think a few more visual elements would help.
Sandra Torres

Laura

Post by Laura »

HI! Great start! Had all your elements and the links worked, so good job! Ya a little simple, but great start!
~Laura Nelson~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. This one came out pretty interestingly.

I love that firework background image. It immediately grabs the eye and doesn't let go. Makes for a hitter of a homepage. The choice of white type against the black makes for good contrast that really comes out. The serif type works decently here, since it fits with Yale's branding. I can read everything and use your navigation without much difficulty. You've got good use od margins here too. It's wide open and everything breathes well.

I would like to have seen more on the internal pages. More content, more images, more type, just more. They feel very thin and undone. I like your firework photo, but you needed others on the inner pages. Also, some of the inner page content is done it all caps which feel like shouting. Some of it feels like a run-on sentence too. The navigation seems to be in the default blue as well, which vanishes a bit against the black. In all, it feels a little underbaked.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I really like the firework element but would love to see more type and imagery overall, but other than that, great job!

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Benjamin,

Your website came out good! The navigation is easy, and I like the image you used of the firework. It makes it really pop!
Melissa Sanchez

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Benjamin,
I love your choice of image. The black background really makes it pop. The links are live and everything is easy to find. Nice job.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your design is neat and cool. All navigation works well. It's also nice to have all the information. Also, I think the size of the picture is good. However, I think it would have been nice if the type color was a bright color. I think the type is a little hard to see because the background is dark. Great work!

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Ben,
Your overall layout choice was nice, and don't worry I also am struggling to get some things to work properly in mine. But as long as everything is clickable and works fine your good. Great Job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]