Project 04 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Verenisse

Project 04 prelim

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Guys,
I wanted to go 2 ways for my layouts: either the classical school website page where everything (in my opinion) is easier to find and very readable. I am just not sure if it resembles a bit to much to the actual website (layout 2), Should I change the layout/ pic? My other idea was to incorporate my drawings of different objects and the mascot in my style since this is for graphic arts/ media tech. So it would be neat. I still needed time to draw my drawings but I labeled in my first layout where I am planning on placing it. I wanted to stick with the school color theme Because it challenges me to stick with minimal colors and certain fonts. Which one do I like best? So I appreciate the feedback. Thank you! :D
Here are my designs:

Hope you like it!
mobile layouts
mobile layouts
computer-layouts
computer-layouts
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

troutbelli

Re: Project 04 prelim

Post by troutbelli »

I really like your choice of font on these. I am definitely a fan of anything but Arial. I like your colors and image use. Overall these look really good.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,
I really like your second design and the pictures that you choose. The areal photo of TMCC is really great.

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I'm all about those transparent designs, Verenisse.

Great background photo choices for your pages. They each have something to do with TMCC and visually advertise TMCC to go with whatever the text says. I'm excited to see what background image you'll select for each of your inner pages. I personally think it'd be cool if you had a different image for each page. And what perfect use of transparency. You use the blocks as a way to pop your type of of the background images, but they are not so dark as to obscure or obstruct your background images. They're just the perfect amount of transparency. I like your font choice, too. It's a very fun and unusual font and it adds a little hint of whimsy to your whole website. And yet it's plenty legible. A top choice. Your navigation is certainly easy to see and presumably to use.

Make sure you leave enough margin in your transparent areas. Your subheads are a little tight to the left edge and your navigation is a little tight to the bottom of your header. Make sure there's a little more room between each of your instructor bios. Crop your background images so they fill the entire space on your mobile layouts. It's a great look on your computer layouts and I'd like to see it on your mobile versions.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love the second sets of designs you did. They feel more bright and welcoming! I would add a stronger font but other that that, great job!

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello! Good job on using that lizard, it looks really nice with the style of your design. Me personally, I don't like the gray as part of the main background but you don't need to do anything about it if you don't want to.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your design is cool. I think your design expressed TMCC well, I think it was good to use TMCC's mascot and surrounding landscape as the background.

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

I think the gray washes out the text a bit. Other wise, great work.

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Verenisse,

I love the images and you've done well in including tons in your designs. I like the second set of designs better. I'd suggest simplifying the font color a bit. I'm not sure if it's due to transparency but the green in your headings and the green in everything else looks different.
Sandra Torres

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Verenisse,
I really liked both of your designs. They have really good navigation. The one that I like the best is the one with the pictures as the background its a little more entertaining. Good work!
Noah Grunwald