Project 02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Aub

Project 02 Final

Post by Aub »

I have struggling SO much I could not fix it I know nothing about coding I just do art. I tried working on it for an hour straight and it just would not upload my website. It looked fine on the preview and my buttons worked, my links worked. When I tried to publish my website it gave me an error and I just couldn't fix it, another error came up something about my firewall? But there were 2 different error messages. Here's an image of the website anyway, the links for references are buttons and they do lead you to the actual sites (if uploading my website even worked).

I uploaded some images to show what issues I was facing in Filezilla.

It was SUPPOSED to be this website -> https://www.grc175project02ad.com/

Michael Edit: For those that want to see Aub's website, it can be found here: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... rey-reyes/.
Attachments
layout ideas.jpg
Aubrey Delos Reyes

troutbelli

Re: Project 02 Final

Post by troutbelli »

Aubrey,

This was me last night when I finally snapped my laptop closed and watched Naked and Afraid to decompress my html ptsd. It didn't help. I wish I could help...but I'm in the same boat. good luck figuring it out. Don't give up. You got this!

Cheers...Chris

p.s. Oh yeah...Your design looks really good. I do love how you incorporated the signs as wood and the foliage background. It will be a good site...one day...soonish.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Aubery,

the link doesn't take me to your website. I definitely understand the struggle with coding the website and uploading it onto the forum its very complicated and it can be overwhelming too. Hopefully this experience will help with project 3 and 4.
Melissa Sanchez

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

You design is great! The struggle with getting the website up and working has been going on with everyone. I had troubles trying to figure it out too. Our professor can be of great help when asking how to get it uploaded and working. The coding can be difficult. Great job!

Laura

Post by Laura »

Nice try, it is all difficult. Great design, hopefully we can all get more incite and improve. Great start!
~Laura Nelson~

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Aubrey,

Even though the link didn't work, the design looks well done.

Great job!
Sandra Torres

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! Overall the layout looks really cute from the image you provided but I totally understand the struggle!

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Aubrey,
I wasn’t able to load onto your page but I see your picture and I love the concept of the sign type look. I also struggled and still am while fixing my website. I your website will look awesome when done! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

It sounds like your home network was not allowing you to upload, Aub. Though, when I looked in your student folder, I found a correctly set up site root inside a ZIP folder. I downloaded it, unzipped the file and loaded the unzipped sire root files and it worked. https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... rey-reyes/ I think as long as you don't ZIP your files, it looks like your sites will work fine.

Once I got it up and running, I saw that you're national parks trail sign was alive and well. It looks like you built i by slicing your image up into bits. It seems to be working. Even your resource links are going places. Nifty! It's all so green and lush, and the wood texture is coming through strong. I have no problem reading the whole thing. I like hpw you've made a different sign for each bit of content. I also like that your pup gets his very own sign. It's all working for me.

On future websites I'd recommend setting your main content area up as a background image. That way you can fit your headline, bodycopy, and email link in as live text. A large fixed size website like your can have display issues on computers with smaller screen resolutions. I also think you can probably make your buttons fit your design better. Your resource links do and they fit your theme just fine.

Not bad at all! It looks like you were doing it 90% correctly, it was just that you loaded everything up in a ZIP file. If you'd put them up looseleaf, it would have worked on the first try.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas

Post by Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas »

Hey Aubrey!
To be honest, I have a friend who codes who really helped me (held my hand through it teaching me). So maybe I can help? My knowledge is still pretty shaky, but I have a decent idea of what I'm doing on Project 3. Overall though, I think it looks pretty good! I like the hanging signs you did, really cute!
-samson <3