Project Three Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
troutbelli

Project Three Preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

I'm really bummed I posted this in the wrong forum. Any feedback is appreciated.

I chose simsoap.com
I used the same background color on both of these preliminaries. Now I'm questioning that decision. Anyone have suggestions? I'm trying to stick with their logo colors, which are a little lacking.
Attachments
project-three-v2-desktop.png
project-three-v3-mobile.png
project-three-v2-page2-desktop.jpg
project-three-page2-v3-mobile.jpg
project-three-v1-desktop.png
project-three-v2-mobile.png
project-three-v1-page2-desktop.jpg
project-three-v2-page2-mobile.jpg
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project Three Preliminary

Post by Instructor »

I like how you just leaned into their cool spiral logo, Christine. I like the first one with the illustrative pictures as buttons. Really pulls out in.

The pic buttons really kill two birds with one stone. They show off the products, interest customers, and guide them to more information on the product they're interested in. The also add visual interest to the composition and make for a great framing device. And the spiral logo in the middle? It's just sucking me in. It's such a cool logo and you've done a great job of making it the most prominent object on your home page. All your content literally frames it. A strong decision. Good fonts too. They pair nicely with the logo and continue the branding throughout your layout. Good color choices too. They're not clashing with anything and compliment the logo and pics nicely.

Make sure your button text is all the same size. Right now they're different sizes and that causes some visual chaos. On your inner page, make sure to spread the graphics out a bit to give your text room to breathe. I'm losing it in the logo, soap stack, and soap. Maybe try a slightly lighter version of your bodycopy font. It seems a touch too bold.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Aub

Re: Project Three Preliminary

Post by Aub »

Hi! I love all the visual representations you included in this. The only suggestion I have is to maybe try to connect the images with the buttons if they're sort of tied together. Instead of making them look right next to each other try placing them in the same box or something similar.
Aubrey Delos Reyes