project03 prelime

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
seungwoo lee

project03 prelime

Post by seungwoo lee »

This is the website I chose. https://reno.craigslist.org/
The web design I created lacks of a lot of detail. I'm going to try to fix the shortcomings before the final and make a little better this.
grc175_project03_pre01.jpg
grc175_project03_pre02.jpg
grc175_project03_preli01.jpg
grc175_project03_preli02.jpg

troutbelli

Re: project03 prelime

Post by troutbelli »

I definitely like the version with the color images. You have a good choice of colors and it is easy to see. I like how your images are just a little out of square, gives it a little bit of an art value, which ties into ArtTown to me.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

hello! I like the version with the images the best. It will help direct the viewers toward what they need easier. Great job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awwww! I would have liked to have seen inner pages on these. :( I like your purple one the best. It seems less chaotic than your other one.

I see what you were going for here. You've set up your design with clear organization to make things easier to find. The section columns go a long wat toward doing that, allowing users to dive in. I kinda like the squared off tech font you've used for your headlines and navigation. It adds an industrial edge to this thing that I would not have otherwise considered. your sans-serif bodycopy works well with it. I like the prominent placement of the search bar on your mobile version. It'll save people from having to dig and allow them to dive right in. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, to use. Certainly well placed.

One of the big things your mobile needs is just a little more contrast, both in terms of color (I think darkening your purple and having white type against it would look strong) and in terms of type weight (I think bolding your category descriptions along with making them capitals will help). Bring in the black type from the computer layout and use that. Both designs need some photos. They're a little plain as-is. Watch your margins in your header on your computer layout; your mobile layout's header has much better margins. The top margin of your columns on your computer version is very tight too. The left and right margin on your navigation buttons is pretty tight as well. Make sure all your buttons are the same fonts size and that the first letter in each word in your buttons is capitalized.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi, I like the purple one. The columns are nice because it is easy to navigate and understand page. Even though there is a lot in the lists..it does seem pretty simple. I do like the peace signs. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

Nicely done, I like the blue and white design. It is easier to navigate and read.

Benjamin Anderson

Aub

Post by Aub »

The color choices are cute, The purple one looks cleaner but the other one does have the photos which are nice too
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Seungwoo,
Cool designs, I feel that the images one is best since it does give imagery, and helps for those who aren’t that capable of reading a lot of small words. I would just suggest fixing the images so they don’t overlap with the type. And Play around with the overall layout if you can. Great Job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Seungwoo,
I like your purple design more over your other. I think that I it a bit easier to navigate. I also think that the column looks cleaner and less busy than the picture design. Great job
Noah Grunwald

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Seungwoo,

I like the purple design because it is a familiar color to Craigslist. I think the spacing could be better between the type.
Sandra Torres