Project 01 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
reagan

Project 01 Preliminary Critique

Post by reagan »

Hello everyone. My name is Reagan. Web design is something I have been really interested in for quite some time. Ideally, I'd work in the industry. My two designs are ones that I would like to have for my own website. The themes are modern and my style, and I used Pinterest for a lot of ideas for the designs I want. Pinterest is my favorite resource when it comes to these things. I've linked my board below.

https://www.pinterest.com/reagantothe/web-design/

This video about critiquing portfolios I also found super rad. There's a lot of cool stuff on here and the guy has a lot of great insights and critiques.

https://youtu.be/28w5uJng-_c?si=I5PP0nJ-pjyJ0PQ7
Artboard 1.png
Artboard 2.png
Artboard 2.png
Artboard 1.png
-Reagan H. :twisted:

wsgallegos

Re: Project 01 Preliminary Critique

Post by wsgallegos »

Hello,

Great start! I like the fruit and flowers! looks very clean and spacious!
-William Gallegos-

Chanleeh

Post by Chanleeh »

Hi there, I really enjoy how simple you kept your designs. I feel as though you can see your personality coming out more in the design with the flowers and think it could be really cool!

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Reagan,

I really like the design of the white background site. The desktop is a little sparse, but it has a lot of potential. The color splash is great. I would be tempted to make it a little bigger, but I am a color person.

Nice work

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. You posted your stuff a week late, but you did turn in something, so I appreciate that. Pity you didn't offer feedback to your fellow students.

I like your flower one best. It has a scrapbook quality to it. Like it's a wildflower pressing book done byb a lady with didn't trust her handwriting so she did all her annotations on a typewriter, cut thos out and pasted them in. I like the antique white background as well. It helps give the whole thing an aged paper look. Your colors are well chosen and work well together. They have a vintage 60's or 70's look to them, which helps reinforce the classic feeling of your layout. And it all looks totally squashed in the pages of a book. Your navigation is easy to see and, presumably to use.

The whole thing seems fragmented. With bits and bobs all over the place. I'd recommend taking a look at your layout and some of your fellow students layouts and tightening everything up. Right now it seems scattered on a diagonal left-to-right axis. You have all the pieces there, but just need to lock everything together. I'd think about alingment and creating left and right alignments within your composition with the left and right edges of your design elements. I'd also recommend using a slightly bolder typewriter front for your bodycopy.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173