project one preliminary critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
seungwoo lee

Re: project one preliminary critique

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

It's nice that your two versions of the web design are more simple, but I think the two pictures you choose have many different patterns and are beautiful. Especially, the second design has a strong impact on me. And I think the type fonts and type layout are good. I also wanted to make my web design more intuitive.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've certainly succeeded in capturing Art Deco with these. I can smell it on 'em. Probably the most Deco is the computer layout of your second design. I think that one requires further study.

Great choice of image on that second layout. The texture and color are perfect. It's so visually interesting. I concur with your choice to basically have it be the only color too. It immediately draws the eye. On your computer layout you do a good job of using alignment to add visual interest to the title, navigation, and bodycopy around it. I really like your use of contrast as well. It looks like a menu at a fine restaurant. Excellent choice of typeface as well. Very Deco. Really throws the whole thing back in time and is super elegant. Nice use of margin on the computer layout. Everything has room to breathe and move based on the resolution of the display. Your navigation is well places, easy to find and, presumably easy to use.

You've got a couple of neat alignments you can pursue with your computer layout. Make your cool textured image a little taller so it matches up with the topline on your title. Pull you class info in and up so it's left edge matches the left edge of your title, navigation, and bodycopy. Move it up so it's the same distance from the bottom as your navigation is from the top. Both of those will really complete your computer layout. Your mobile design is a bit of a mess and really needs to be opened up a lot and organized to match the same aesthetic as your computer layout. Put your text block centered above the image (though don't center align your text) add a bunch of vertical margin between title, bodycopy, class info, and image. Give the whole the some breathing space, like your computer layout.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Sara,

I think your designs are super clean. I liked that you kept it somewhat simple but its still very eye catching. Out of the two of your designs I think your second design is more clean. I really like the simplicity of it, your layout seems easy to navigate as well. Keep up the good work
Noah Grunwald