Project04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
kristenrothbauer

Project04 Prelim

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi all,
I've spent a lot of time working on these roughs. I really favor the first green design, especially with how professional and clean it looks. For both roughs, I wanted to keep them simple and clean. For the first design I pulled the pen icon from the GAMT logo and used it as a logo. I also pulled the green circle from the pen design and used it as repeated imagery throughout. I used a bulky and round typeface for the majority of my headlines and areas I wanted to stand out. For the second set of roughs, I tried to make it come across as very friendly and calm with simple imagery reflecting the campus. I kept the design consistent with repeating imagery and using sans serif fonts throughout.
Attachments
web01_2.png
web02_2.png
web03_2.png
web04_2.png
web05_2.png
mobile01_2.png
mobile02_2.png
mobile03_2.png
mobile04_2.png
mobile05_2.png
web01.png
web02.png
web03.png
web04.png
web05.png
mobile01.png
mobile02.png
mobile03.png
mobile04.png
mobile05.png
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

LMisher

Re: Project04 Prelim

Post by LMisher »

Hello Kristen!

Let me just say that I was really impressed with your designs. I really liked the version with the road and cactuses under the program information. The colors were nice and I liked your font choices. I cannot wait to see the finished version of this project. Keep up the good work!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Kristen! I love how you turned the TMCC mountains into the background image. I like the idea of the cacti too, though they don't grow in Nevada I think they still give the viewer an idea of the desert surrounding the campus! I love both layouts, I really can't choose, but I'm excited to see the finished result.

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Kristen!
I really like the art you created for both of your designs! You use up the space on your pages very well. The layout of your colors in the first design is also really balanced! Great job!
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Kris

I really like both of your designs they have a beautiful foundation and you really nailed it on all of them. but I think I'm leaning more towards the first design visit goes well with the TMCC theme especially with the whole pen tool home button which I think is a fantastic idea. it is very well organized and the fonts are very big an easy to read just 10/10.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Kristen,

Both designs are well designed. I really like both. Color choices are very nice for both scheme. I like how you bring some graphic illustrators and geometry shapes to design the pages. It's look really good. I am a little bit leaning toward to design one though. But both are cool.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey,
I really like both these designs! I think the first one stands out to me more. The green really jumps off the page and is very reminiscent of the school itself.
- Cedar Moosmuller

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh these are awesome, Kristen. Two different great designs. A friggin TMCC logo mountain range! That's genius.

I slightly prefer your first design. I feel like it's a little more on-brand for TMCC and the color scheme is more TMCC. Plus, it uses contrast better. One of the bits I really like about the design is that the info is presented in a Q&A format. It asks and answers questions, rapid fire and is laid out almost like an infographic. Speaking of, I just love all the little accent graphics all over the layout. And that doesn't include the Wile E. Coyote scenic background that's part of your footer. Your type is well chosen. It's non standard, a little rounded, and yet still easy to read. One little detail that really tickles my aesthetic sense is how your header images extend to the edge of your content column. Speaking of your content column I love how it's a slightly narrowed ribbon rolling from the bottom up to the top. A nifty effect.

I would actually recommend narrowing your center area a little more so it's more obvious it's a specific area rather than a problem with the width.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Kristen! I really really REALLY like your first design and the play with green and the cactuses and mountains, it all comes together very nicely and it's so pleasing to the eye! Im so excited to see how these come together, your hierarchies are just beautiful
Brooke Brown