project 4 preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

bar menu or hamburgers menu?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:04 am

bar menu
67%
hamburgers menu
33%

Total votes: 3

Genevieve Dierenga

project 4 preliminary

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well.
I really wanted to move away from how the website was laid out just because all the information was very cluttered and altogether and hard to understand. so I started by making the separate pages that are required and then I went through and tried to organize it in a way in which it would be easy to understand while still being visually intresting. For my first lay out I use a standard menu with link at the bottom of the home page. For the second I use a bar menu I am leaning twards this one manly do to the fact it had more depth and a good dynamic.
Attachments
projectr04_genevieved.zip
(4.26 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
Web 19203.png
Web 19202.png
Web 19201.png
phone01ru02.png
professor02.png
meet_Professor.png
home02.png
home.png
classes.png
student_work.png

sophy_gg

Re: project 4 preliminary

Post by sophy_gg »

Hi Genevieve! I really like your rough designs, especially your first one. Your first design has easy navigation and I like how you design for header in sage color. I hope to work the student work and professors name in website, I think could be good to work your GAMT website :D
✦SØphia~GØmeƵ✦

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hi Genevieve!

I think that you provided us with a few good design drafts to choose from, and although they are are good, my favorite is the second pc version. The navigation was clean and very user-friendly. Even if you choose to go with another version of your drafts, I look forwarding to seeing your finished product. Good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Genevieve!! I enjoy the choice of tasteful green throughout the layout, I see you only have placeholder images, but once those are thrown in I think it will really pull the layout together.

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Genevieve!
I'm leaning more towards the first one, I think the colors go very well together and your layout fills the empty space. Both are beautiful designs tho! Great job!
-Natalie Meza

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Genevieve,

Both of your layout look really good. I really like how you design student works page for your first layout, make it more interesting. Both layout colors are good. Buttons with round corner look pretty nice. Background on the second design seems interesting, but it may not work well when you have other images (I am not sure). Both design are very good and I can't wait to see your final one.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I love that slogan, Genevieve. It's challenges the viewer. Nicely done.

I'd say go with your second one. I like the swooping fish scale urban cammo background. It adds a lot of visual interest. I like the idea of two equal subheads framing your bodycopy. That's pretty strong. Good type choices throughout. Everything is easy to read, but not boring. I like the way your header and footer frame all your content. They give it the feeling of solidity. Good image placement as well everyhting is in a place to reinforce the text content. Your navigation is all easy to see and presumably to use.

I would like to have seen some more imagery in these roughs. I'd recommend adding just a little bit more margin between your titles and your bodycopy. I would size your big fat pill navigation buttons around the longest text in them and then make all the others in that text. Also, I'd recommend having "Certificates &" on one line rather than have the ampersand (&) on it's own line.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Genevieve
I really like your designs, I think your use of white space in the first version is very cool!
- Cedar Moosmuller

livitup1

Post by livitup1 »

Like the designs and color scheme in these. I'm leaning towards the 2nd one more for the layout