Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Natuwu

Project 04 Prelim

Post by Natuwu »

Hey everyone! Here are my layouts for this project. I wanted to keep it somewhat simple, but I think these may be a little too simple. I'm thinking of trying to incorporate more images either in the background or for the navigations. Let me know which one you think is best, or what changes i can make! :)
Attachments
grc175_project4_mobile_inner2.jpg
grc175_project4_mobilehp2.jpg
grc175_project4_inner2.jpg
grc175_project4_homepage2.jpg
grc175_project4_mobile_inner1.jpg
grc175_project4_mobilehp1.jpg
grc175_project4_inner1.jpg
grc175_project04_homepage1.jpg
-Natalie Meza

Giselle

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by Giselle »

Hi Natalie!
I love your first design. I like how you laid everything out; the mobile version is extremely appealing! It will all come together once you add the background image. I also love the typeface you chose; you displayed hierarchy very well. My only suggestion is to make the circles slightly bigger in the computer version. Besides that, everything looks like it's coming together! :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Natalie!

You had a good variety of designs to choose from. All of them were good, but the homepage2 version with the green background was my favorite. I look forward to seeing the finished product in whichever version most speaks to you. Good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Natalie! Your designs look very clean and professional, I could honestly mistake some of these pages for an actual TMCC website or app!

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hey Natalie, I really love the font that you use throughout your design as well as how you organized each section of the app and information in general it looks extremely easy to navigate and read as well as to know where to find certain information.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Natalie,

I like both of your design, a little bit more toward the first one :D. I like the contrasts between background, texts, and buttons (circle shapes) make it very easy to read and navigate. Only one little thing on the second page of your first design, I see the title on that page last may be because the fonts are white and in the lighter background. The circles could be bigger too. The second design is also nice, harmony and contrast.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey,
Great job on these designs, I really like the color scheme you have chosen, if creates a very clear hierarchy and give the page great legibility.
- Cedar Moosmuller

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Natalie!

I really enjoy how simple your design and color scheme is. The layout is super easy to follow and read!
-Jillian Rodgers

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your first one, uwu. The one with the round "connect four" nav buttons. A surprisingly strong look.

I like your decision in your mobile layout to use TMCC's hideous green as an accent color. It works better that way. Your whole layout is simple and clean and it works. I like the typography you chose. It's simple, clean, and easy to read. Very reminiscent of your layout. You sized your round buttons to the longest word and used the same size type and circle for the others. A lot of people like to vary their type size in those buttons and it always looks bad. Nicely done.

I would have like to see some images in these roughs. I think your computer rough would look better woth black as your main color and TMCC's hideous green as your accent/nav color. Like you have in your mobile layout. I'd recommend bringing the ampersand (&) up to "Graphic Arts" on the header of your mobile versions rather than having it on it's own line.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173